Are gas and diesel prices equalizing?

/ Are gas and diesel prices equalizing? #1  

dgl24087

Veteran Member
Tractor
1975 John Deere 1530
I just noticed this morning; regular unleaded is $2.08 to 2.11, road diesel is $2.15, Christiansburg, VA.

/ Are gas and diesel prices equalizing? #2  
They're pretty close here in Charlottesville. B5 is only about 2 cents higher than regular diesel, too. That's what I'm using now in the tractor and the last 2 tankfuls in the Benz.

Found some old ATF at a couple estate for 25 cents/quart. Distributed one quart over 3 containers of B5 for the tractor and the last couple of tankfuls on the Benz. Benz used to recommend putting ATF in the diesel back in the 80s. The cut used for ATF off the pipestills in the refineries is diverted to the diesel pool if it isn't needed for ATF.

Ralph

/ Are gas and diesel prices equalizing? #3  
it's finally eaqualized here. just saw it a several places yesterday, regular unleaded was $2.09 and on road diesel was $2.09.

/ Are gas and diesel prices equalizing? #4  
Around here, regular has passed diesel. Regular is at $2.35/gal, diesel at $2.11 I think.

/ Are gas and diesel prices equalizing? #5  
   / Are gas and diesel prices equalizing? #6  
Gas in Indiana is $2.39, Diesel is around $2.20. It always works this way around here, gas goes up then diesel 2 weeks later. Then diesel takes 3 times as long to come back down as compared to gas.

Chris

/ Are gas and diesel prices equalizing? #7  
<deleted text>

Found some old ATF at a couple estate for 25 cents/quart. Distributed one quart over 3 containers of B5 for the tractor and the last couple of tankfuls on the Benz. Benz used to recommend putting ATF in the diesel back in the 80s. The cut used for ATF off the pipestills in the refineries is diverted to the diesel pool if it isn't needed for ATF.

Ralph

IIRC - I have read on several sites about NOT using ATF in fuel.. I think its because of the additives that are added are not good for the injectors or something..

Here in the Bedford/Lynchburg area of VA the reg unleaded and diesel are within a few cents of each other.. it hasnt been that close since late 2002/early 2003 though.

Brian

/ Are gas and diesel prices equalizing? #8  
not in the MASS..Diesel is $2.40 per and 87 gas is 2.15....The days of diesel cheaper were dead about 7 years ago...

/ Are gas and diesel prices equalizing? #10  
I just bought gas and diesl today. Gas was $2.23 and Diesel was $2.15