Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #1  

HillCountryDave

I have just discovered the Montana Brand. I am interested in the Montana 3040 with FEL. Can you tell me if this tractor is the same LG tractor sold by Farmtrac - I believe their model is named 300 DTC. It looks to me that they are the exact same tractor. I have a local Farmtrac dealer in Central Texas that I would like to do business with but the Montana dealer's price is $1000 less. However, The Montana dealer is about 60 - 70 miles away. Both offer the same financing arrangements. Montana seems to have more implements available and they appear to be more robust. I'm guessing that the local Farmtrac dealer is better equipped for maintenance.

I welcome anyone's comments on my question of "Are they the same?" and your opinion(s) on implements and maintenance.

I posted this yesterday as a reply to the post "where are the Montana owners" but I figure it got lost at the end of that post. If I have cluttered the site, I appologize.

Thanks

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #2  
I believe (could be wrong) the FarmTracs and Montana's below 40 HP are the same machines. And above 40 HP they are differant .
As far as loaders and implements sold with FarmTrac and Montana, I have no idea if they are the same or not. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #3  
LG makes SOME of the Farmtrac and ALL of the Montana tractors from what research I have done. I'm not exactly sure which models are in both lines, but it is possible that the item you are looking at is virtually the same in both product lines.

As for attachments like a FEL or a BH, I'm not sure if those are made by yet another firm.

As for implements, most tractor companies have implements made for them by other manufacturers, I'm not sure if the implements are made by the same firm for both brands, but it really doesn't matter as virtually any 3pt implement will interchange with any brand (assuming cat 1 to cat 1, cat 2 to cat 2, etc.)

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #4  
Yes they are the same. However, until the end of this month your Farmtrac dealer should be able to provide you with 0% for 48monts...I am pretty sure that Montana isn't offering that right now.

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #5  
I just did a pretty thorough search on the 300DTC and the Montana 3040. I purchased the 3040 and they are similar but not totally the same. I know for sure the FEL and bucket are somewhat different. All else appears to be the same. I would be happy with either but I have been doing business with LG and Gold Star before that for over 25 years and they are good business people and very loyal.

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #6  
I looked at these two tractors side by side last year. Other than the FEL and paint, they were identical, including price. The dealer said they are the same, and that he picked up the Montana line to have another parts source. As I have posted elsewhere in these forums, I would have bought this tractor if the operator platform was larger (or I was smaller. I'm 6'3"). I still believe this tractor is the best buy in this size compact. Talk to your Farmtrac dealer and try to get him to match price. I have also seen this tractor (Montana) with a curved-boom FEL. I'm guessing it is an aftermarket loader, but it sure looked good. Anyway, good luck and please post your decision.

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #7  
The new R series will take care of the big guys. It has more deck space, adjustable steering column as well as lots of other new features.

The Montana ML100 loader is the new curved boom loader that is also standard fare on all Montana tractors. It has more lift height, lift capacity, skid steer compatible and well done. I like this new generation loader and all it has to offer.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #8  
A friend of mine went along when I purchased my 3040 w/FEL and he owns a Farm Trac LT280 which has the same 4 cyl Mitsubishi engine and the frame is all but the same excepting the sub frame that Montana offers. So I think the 3040 is more akin to the 27hp Farm Trac or the Long Agri 27hp which uses the same components as well. Although Montana gets an extra 3 hp out of somewhere?

One quesion I have is why is a sub frame neccessary as a patch-up for a weak frame design or to enable greater digging and break away power for the FEL? Improvement or afterthought?
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif jenkins4908@bellsouth.net

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #9  
The 3040 and the 300DTC are the same for the most part. If you go to the Farmtrac website you will see the specs both 30hp. I can't comment of the LT280 but I am sure others here are more familiar with that.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Are Farmtrac 300DTC & Montana 3040 the same #10  
The Landtrac(LT) 280 was changed to LT 300, which is todays Farmtrac 300DTC. All the same tractor from LongAgribusiness (Farmtrac). (A lot of confusing name changes, both in tractors and company name.)
This 280 (now 300) is basically the same as the Montana 3040.
The 27hp Farmtrac is the 270DTC same as Montana's 2740, both of which have the 3 cylinder Daedong engine.

(This little history lesson kind of dates me.) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dancce