Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product?

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Story from TBN homepage

Briggs & Stratton Develops Advanced Fuel Formula - TractorByNet.com

I've never been a fan of ethanol and I don't like the politics involved in it. I'd be fine with it if it could stand on it's own two feet without subsidies. What do proponents of ethanol think of Briggs and Stratton's latest product and recommendation to never use more than 10% ethanol in "outdoor equipment powered by small gasoline engines"?

Kevin

MILWAUKEE June 25, 2013 Hitting shelves at Lowe痴 today is the latest advantage over ethanol-blended gas. Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE:BGG) is equipping consumers with its newest development in fuel treatment Advanced Formula Ethanol-Free Fuel, a line of premium stabilizer and fuel blends specifically designed to make operation of 2-and 4-cycle engines smoother, all while helping maintain performance.

摘thanol-blended fuel attracts moisture, which can cause damage to engines that power outdoor equipment, resulting in costly repairs, said Carissa Gingras, marketing director of consumer engine and service with Briggs & Stratton. 撤rotecting the lifeblood of the equipment is critical, making an ethanol-free fuel the natural solution to maintaining good engine health and saving consumers time and money in the long run.

In fact, Briggs & Stratton recommends never using more than 10 percent ethanol fuel such as E15 or E85 in outdoor equipment powered by small gasoline engines.*

Briggs & Strattonョ Advanced Formula Ethanol-free Fuels provide consumers with two benefits: ethanol-free gas and convenience, with a ready-to-use solution that requires no mixing. Premium, engineered fuel ingredients including synthetic oil and stabilizer work together to reduce carburetor corrosion and gum and varnish build-up, which ultimately reduces costly small engine repairs.

Plus, it helps maximize storage life of the fuel in small engine applications.

Consumers have three different blended fuel ratios to choose from to meet their specific small engine needs:

40:1 and 50:1 for 2-cycle engines such as chainsaws, leaf blowers and string trimmers, a combination of ethanol-free fuel, synthetic oil and stabilizer
4-Cycle Fuel for outdoor power equipment such as lawn mowers and pressure washers, a combination of ethanol free fuel and stabilizer

Briggs & Stratton Advanced Formula Ethanol-free Fuels can be used with any gasoline engine, in season as well as for storage purposes. Plus, these fuel blends stay fresh for up to two years after opening.

This product is available at select Lowe痴 stores. For more details on Advanced Formula Ethanol-free Fuels, please visit (WEB URL).

* E15 fuel is dangerous to use because of the damage that it can cause. It is also illegal to use E15 in outdoor power equipment and should only be used in vehicles newer than model year 2001.

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #2  
Sounds like a high priced money maker...

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #3  
Sounds like a high priced money maker...

Yes I am sure it will be, but for all the locations that cannot get ethanol free fuel, I am sure it will be well received. We can get all the ethanol free fuel we want here at several nearby pumps.

James K0UA

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #4  
How much does it cost per gallon and who's going to recycle explosive fuel containers?

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #5  
Knock on wood but I have not had problems with Ethanol gas. All the gas stations I have used for years are using Ethanol and I had not even seen a local station selling Ethanol free gas. Until this weekend when I saw a gas station advertising Ethanol free gas. Unfortunately, the station is too far away to use...

I do use stabilizer in gas for the small engines.

Later,
Dan

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #6  
I have said for years the main cause of this problem is the order of the Presidential Preference Primaries. If we could shuffle the caucus of a certain Mid-western corn producer down the list, all this would go away. Howard Dean is the only one who dared speak the truth about corn subsidies, and look what happened to him. I disagreed with 99% of his politics, but he was right about corn.

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #7  
^ Yep.

I am curious what our friends on here from Iowa truly think about ethanol.

Corn-based ethanol disgusts me as an engineer and environmental advocate. Negative energy balance (we have to IMPORT more foreign petroleum just to make our ethanol) is something that cannot be ignored. Means a net increase in emissions and pollution from a supposed renewable fuel. Not to mention the detrimental effects of intensive mono-culture farming on our land, and supporting (enslaved by?) corrupt and evil corporations like monsanto. And to top it off, it's bad for our vehicles and engines! Why is this allowed to continue? Pure madness!

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #8  
^ Yep.

I am curious what our friends on here from Iowa truly think about ethanol.

Corn-based ethanol disgusts me as an engineer and environmental advocate. Negative energy balance (we have to IMPORT more foreign petroleum just to make our ethanol) is something that cannot be ignored. Means a net increase in emissions and pollution from a supposed renewable fuel. Not to mention the detrimental effects of intensive mono-culture farming on our land, and supporting (enslaved by?) corrupt and evil corporations like monsanto. And to top it off, it's bad for our vehicles and engines! Why is this allowed to continue? Pure madness!

If we had to have ethanol, I would much rather import the sugar based variety. It is actually a fuel saver, not like the corn kind. But because big sugar in south Florida is just as well connected as corn in the mid-west, sugar imports are taxed at a very high rate. [end rant]

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #9  
Knock on wood but I have not had problems with Ethanol gas. All the gas stations I have used for years are using Ethanol and I had not even seen a local station selling Ethanol free gas. Until this weekend when I saw a gas station advertising Ethanol free gas. Unfortunately, the station is too far away to use...

I do use stabilizer in gas for the small engines.

Later,
Dan

Me either, two mowers, a trimmer, several chain saws, a log splitter and a snowblower, they all use gas with ethanol, are run the last part of the season with stabilizer, and all fuel is emptied from them for their respective off-seasons(which I've always done.) Never had an issue with any of them regarding the ethanol...Not to say that there's no one that has but I bet if it has happened, it's been something sitting for a while.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Are ethanol proponents dissappointed in Briggs & Stratton's latest product? #10