April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor.

/ April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor. #1  

Marveltone

Veteran Member
Tractor
Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111
Here we are... April 1st. Spring in Minnesota. We should be tip-toeing through slush and around mud puddles. Instead, we got anywhere from 15"-20" of snow, which came in overnight amidst 20-40mph winds. Lots of drifting! Most everything is shut down, which is a very rare occasion up here.

At least I get some quality tractor time!

Joe

ForumRunner_20140401_123805.png
ForumRunner_20140401_123844.png
ForumRunner_20140401_123920.png
ForumRunner_20140401_123949.png
ForumRunner_20140401_124306.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140401_124650.png
    ForumRunner_20140401_124650.png
    443 KB · Views: 96
   / April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor. #2  
All I can say is haha :) I am in southern MN near Rochester and we got rain and 55 deg weather yesterday. Almost all our snow is gone. What happened up by you is all the talk around here. Best wishes.

/ April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor. #3  

That happened to us 17 yrs ago. From the Boston Chan 7 weatherman this morn:

Today's weather is certainly much nicer than April 1st, 1997. I wasn't here for that #Epic event, I was actually heading out the door in Minnesota t play some golf when my mom called---in great disbelief. Looking back at some of that data it was a storm for the ages. much of southern New England picked up between 20-30" of heavy, wet snow. It was (and still is) Worcester's biggest storm...receiving 33" of snow. For Boston it stands as the 4th biggest snowstorm...25.4". 700,000 people were without power for days and winds gusted between 50-70mph.

/ April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor. #4  
Hang in there, Marveltone. It's your turn up there this year. Last year we around the metro got knocked with a blizzard...........at the end of April.

I'm still gonna take the snowblower off!

/ April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor. #5  
Old man winter doesn't stop soon for you folks,bet Easter Bunny will say no way I'm not going there.

/ April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor.
Old man winter doesn't stop soon for you folks,bet Easter Bunny will say no way I'm not going there.
Easter Bunny better be a snowshoe hare.

Joe

/ April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor. #7  
Just heard we are supposed to get 2-6 inches of snow tomorrow. Ahg.

/ April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor. #8  
NWSforecast040414.jpg

/ April Fool's Day... Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor. #9  
Today 4+" of snow. A nice layer of ice below that, and a good 30mph wind to blow it around. Great! Supposed to be 45 and sunny tomorrow and close to 50 on Sunday. Im not going to even get the tractor out ill just let it melt.