Apple cider today

/ Apple cider today
50,000 apples is a heck of a lot of cider. I live about 2 miles from Applewood Farms. Applewood is the largest commercial grower in the United States. You think they would let anyone pick up their drops for cider? **** no. The do make a killer apple pie in the company kitchen though.

/ Apple cider today
I really don't care for cider that's been frozen, so we only have it fresh...

I have apple tree's and get all the apples I want, but my fav is a good apple pie!

standard.jpg

SR

Not much choice here. What do I do with 20 gallons of fresh cider... Ain't gonna keep, have to freeze it. Didn't sit at all. Went from the mill to the jug to the freezer as fast as it was mashed.

Next year will be automated. Already bought the motor.

/ Apple cider today #24  
Not much choice here. What do I do with 20 gallons of fresh cider... Ain't gonna keep, have to freeze it. Didn't sit at all. Went from the mill to the jug to the freezer as fast as it was mashed.

How do you keep birds from pecking holes in all the riper ones?

/ Apple cider today #25  

We often put the cider into large plastic pop bottles and freeze them. On a hot summer day a half thawed out cider bottle is to die for. :licking: :licking:

/ Apple cider today #27  
I like cider when it gets to effervescent. Very good then. Bob

/ Apple cider today #30  
Keep up the good work.
No point wasting the apples.