Anyone with ROPS on MF 135?

/ Anyone with ROPS on MF 135? #1  

TxTom

Silver Member
I'm trying to get some ideas on building a ROPS for my tractor and I wanted to see some pictures of how others are made. My problem is that the axle slopes up from the flat spot where the fender bracket mounts. I wanted to see how others deal with this -- shim up the plat to compensate for the incline or heat and bend the plate (1/2") to fit? I've attached a picture that shows the angle.

Thanks
Thomas

Attachments

• 858412-axle.JPG
    858412-axle.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,330
   / Anyone with ROPS on MF 135? #2  
And when you finally get the ROPS mounted, then you can deal with trying to mount the fenders----- /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm hunting for an O.E.M. ROPS for my MF150. (same exact axles as your 135) Apparently there aren't too many laying around. Massey didn't push them until the 200 series was on the showroom floor. There were "kits" available back in the day for the clamshell style fenders and the flat-top style. I can't find either OR the roll bar. I want to mount a canopy as much as the roll-over protection. Not having much luck. Hope you find the answer.

/ Anyone with ROPS on MF 135? #3  
I have the exactg same axle on my 202
Part Number RMF103 hurcules.com good pics, they raise the plate up about 1/2 from the square flange to clear the upward sloping angle

Good Luck

/ Anyone with ROPS on MF 135? #4  
richn said:
I have the exactg same axle on my 202
Part Number RMF103 hurcules.com good pics, they raise the plate up about 1/2 from the square flange to clear the upward sloping angle

Good Luck

Hercules (an Aussie company) makes ROPS for the MF-135.

Hercules - Massey Ferguson

So does Bare-Co (another Aussie company).

Roll Over Protection Frames

Must be a lot of MF-135 rollovers Down Under.

The Hercules ROPS appear to be one-piece units (excluding the attachment hardware).

The Bare-Co ROPS comes in three major pieces (two uprights and a cross piece) that apparently bolt together. Weighs around 100 lb. Makes shipping easier (Fed Ex or UPS).

The West Coast Bare-co rep nearest me is

Draper Tractor
1951 Draper Road
Garfield WA 99130
Ph: 509 397 2666
Fax: 509 397 1001

Last summer Draper quoted me about $500 for the Bare-co ROPS including shipping cost to my location in Northern CA. I expect that the cost may be a little higher.

Don't know the cost of the Hercules ROPS. Any idea?

Check the "Safety" forum on TBN. There are a number of posts that are very negative on DIY ROPS. Apparently there have been rollovers in which homebrew ROPS have failed.

BTW: MF's OEM ROPS shown in the MF-135 Parts Manual looks a lot like the Bare-co design except MF welds the three main parts together and includes welded reinforcing gussets where the uprights meet the crosspiece.

/ Anyone with ROPS on MF 135? #5  
Homestead Tractor (the importer) quoted me $450.00 + shipping for one for our 8N. I would think that should be close to what one for a 135 would be.

HTH,
Mike