Loader Anyone want to trade before I paint it red?

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #11  
I would say it would be more hassle finding and shipping this one to someone else. I just re-looked at the first photo and saw the "damage" parts. Not sure what caused that but it doesn't look pretty.

View attachment 534364

On the other hand you can try and sell the grill guard and part of the JD quick attachment...

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #12  
Didn't notice the damage. They look like other loader components I have seen, but they weren't green. lol

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #13  
What's this thing even worth? I can't find a comparable bucket for less than $1,000-$1,500.

Yeah, the back is all flat so it wouldn't take much to cut the hooks off and grind it smooth and weld on a skid steer plate. As to being small, guess that's relative, maybe compared to a 250hp tractor but in my research it looks like it was used on 90-120 HP tractors. Actually, while I have the expert's attention, can anyone help with what style it really is? Here's a link to a 500 series and a 600 series from Deere.

The base of the bracket where it pins on the "nub" on the bucket looks like the 500 series, but in that one the cylinder hooks directly to the bracket but mine has that pivoting link that connects to the bracket and then to the cylinder. It's hard to see in the pic but then there's 2 half moon plates that hook to each side of the loader arm and that pivoting link. It looks like the 600 series has those plates but I can't really tell how it pins at the bottom of the bucket.

That is a bucket for the 300 and 400 series. Those pieces sticking off the back are part of the loader not the bucket. I have a 4320 and that is the attachment system used on my 400 series loader on it.

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red?
Maybe the picture is deceiving. It looks like my equipment would just bend those tabs out flat.

Do yourself a favor and tack the plate on good but try it's full range of motion. I have a few SS attachments I made where I am not happy with the final range of tool angle. Sometimes you have to build the plate out at the bottom, which looks kind of hoaky.

Good idea, I will certainly do that - thanks!

I would say it would be more hassle finding and shipping this one to someone else. I just re-looked at the first photo and saw the "damage" parts. Not sure what caused that but it doesn't look pretty.

View attachment 534364

On the other hand you can try and sell the grill guard and part of the JD quick attachment...

I don't think those plates are really damaged, they've been sitting in the bucket and have obviously been in sitting in water before and the paint is peeled back in those long strips you see and there's some rust, but they appear to be straight other than that - there's only bushings on 1 side so the other is flat.

That is a bucket for the 300 and 400 series. Those pieces sticking off the back are part of the loader not the bucket. I have a 4320 and that is the attachment system used on my 400 series loader on it.

I knew the bracket wasn't part of the bucket, but does the 300 and 400 series use that long of a top link to hook to the cylinder? Additionally the pictures I saw at least of the 500 series didn't look like the top link was used at all, let alone those half moon plates to connect the top link to the loader arm. Reason I'm skeptical is that the grill guard is marked 6115 which makes me think it's off that tractor which is quite a bit larger. Maybe it was just tossed in there though, hard telling at an auction.

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #15  
Some pictures of the JD QA for those not familiar with it:

artillian_quick_attach_pallet_fork_set_john_deere_jdqa.jpg

A weld on plate from Titan:

Titan jdmp-dims-1.jpg

Last edited:
   / Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #16  
They must have borrowed the idea from the plastic buckles on a fishing tackle box. That's what they sure look like to me.

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #17  
So you you said "for what you paid for it..." So you have the bucket at home? Need more photos of it :D
Pretty please :drink:

Some pictures of the JD QA for those not familiar with it:

Thanks - do you know if the bracket varies by loader series? On mine the loader arm attachment at the bottom sticks out further and it has that pivoting top link where the cylinder doesn't attach directly to the bracket.

So you you said "for what you paid for it..." So you have the bucket at home? Need more photos of it :D
Pretty please :drink:

Lol - yeah it's at home, any requests? It's usually dark by the time I get home so unless you mind flash pictures it will have to wait until this weekend.

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #20  
Thanks - do you know if the bracket varies by loader series? On mine the loader arm attachment at the bottom sticks out further and it has that pivoting top link where the cylinder doesn't attach directly to the bracket.

Don't know, never have seen one, just did an image search.

Flash pictures will work fine. :thumbsup: