Anyone using insulin for diabetes?

/ Anyone using insulin for diabetes? #81  
And some say the "beer and pizza" diet cured me of X, Y, and even Z. I like both beer and pizza so I'm going that route! :)

/ Anyone using insulin for diabetes? #82  
I have been on pills for years. Doctor finally put me on insulin. I am using the Lantus Solostar pen and was wondering if anyone else uses it and if so how much dosage does it take. I started at 15 units with instructions to go up 1 unit per day till my morning blood sugar was 130 or below. After a week of 1 unit per day with no change in my sugar from 200 +, I started going up 2 units per day and now am at 60 per day. Morning sugar is still high,140-170 depending on the amount of exercise I got during the past day and how many carbs I had for dinner. I am a bit concerned about going any higher because if I am out working hard, like using a weedeater for 4 hours, at lunch my sugar has been down to 85 and less than 70 is supposed to be passing out point because of TOO LOW sugar.
Anyway, I am looking at what other folks are using for diabetes control when using insulin. These pens are rather expensive at $435 per month, even with Medicare it costs me $45 co-pay. The $45 isn't a big deal but I hate to see drug companies ripping folks off. I didn't think insulin was that expensive. Am I paying for the convenience of once a day dosage? I am not familiar with other options.

All type 2 diabetics should become familiar with and join this Facebook group. I just took a snapshot of one post from today to share on this thread. BTW, WOE stands for Way of Eating.

Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 6.39.58 PM.png

/ Anyone using insulin for diabetes? #83  
All type 2 diabetics should become familiar with and join this Facebook group. I just took a snapshot of one post from today to share on this thread. BTW, WOE stands for Way of Eating.

View attachment 793446
My A1c is around 5 and I try to eat a varied diet of greens, vegetables, grains and meat. I also like some dark chocolates. :LOL:

/ Anyone using insulin for diabetes? #84  
My wife has been type 2 diabetic 30+ years. She takes 40 units (0.4ml) insulin twice a day. No meds. It works for her and as she said so much easier. She's been taking insulin like that over 15 years.
I mentioned before (to me) what's odd is both her parents had type 2 diabetes, her Dad Cherokee, Mom Dutch/English so ethnically diverse...however, she was adopted! Her biological Mom 100% Italian, Dad 100% Scandinavian. All three diabetic. Good diet...but all three drank diet soft drinks. My family no diabetes at all...but no one liked soda (sugar or diet). I drink real sugar soda, one a day.
I believe diet soda may have caused it. Her family no alcohol or smoking (tobacco probably no effect(?)). She had a really good endocrinologist who was type 1 diabetic.

/ Anyone using insulin for diabetes? #85  
ae_ter get off metformin side effects are terrible!
My wife was on insulin but can't remember what
it was she had the pens and small bottles but we
have Blue Cross & Blue Shield and we pay $40
for a 90 day supply of 60 units per day.

willy