Anyone Try This SSQA Tilt Plate on a CUT?

/ Anyone Try This SSQA Tilt Plate on a CUT? #1  

bdhsfz6

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800 HST & L6060 HSTC Formerly L6060 HST B7100 HST, L2550, L3010 HST, L3430 HST
Looks like it would be handy for grading slopes or crowning a road:

114246_02.jpg
114246_03.jpg

/ Anyone Try This SSQA Tilt Plate on a CUT? #2  
Keep in mind that the farther you are away from the fulcrum (pivot points) on the loader, the less you can pick up. Any spacing away from the pivot points on the loader drastically decreases the maximum load the loader can pick up.

/ Anyone Try This SSQA Tilt Plate on a CUT? #3  
It looks like it would work good with a SS dozer blade. Much cheaper than the 6 way blades I see advertised. The SS is already 4 way and the tilt adapter would give you the other 2 ways needed for some real Dozer action (y)

Last edited:
   / Anyone Try This SSQA Tilt Plate on a CUT? #6  
Not able to picture it working as a tool to crown the road other than the first few feet to get it started. As soon as the SS reaches the slope that the blade creates you'd need to adjust the blade to be on the same plane as the SS.

With the SS leaning, and the blade still tilted the blade would try to create a corkscrew.

/ Anyone Try This SSQA Tilt Plate on a CUT? #7  
Not able to picture it working as a tool to crown the road other than the first few feet to get it started. As soon as the SS reaches the slope that the blade creates you'd need to adjust the blade to be on the same plane as the SS.

With the SS leaning, and the blade still tilted the blade would try to create a corkscrew.
That is the same way a dozer works

/ Anyone Try This SSQA Tilt Plate on a CUT? #8  
No, but a cheap date can be had by putting a huge weight on the back 3pt and then picking up a 2 ton rock with a chain on the corner of the bucket. When you are done, do it on the other side !

/ Anyone Try This SSQA Tilt Plate on a CUT? #9  
I want one for my CTL. I think it would be a big asset for grading. But I’m not sure how useful it would be on a tractor loader.

/ Anyone Try This SSQA Tilt Plate on a CUT? #10  
What would be the benefit of this over a scrape blade, landscape rake, box blade?