Rake Anyone tried one of these for pine needles

/ Anyone tried one of these for pine needles #1  

Hammer850

Tractor
Ford 850
Has anyone tried one of these as an alternative to a York rake. I’m only looking to use for raking up my fairly large amount of pine needles. The cost is considerably less for all the more I’m going to use it for.
IMG_5230.JPG

/ Anyone tried one of these for pine needles #3  
I have one I bought to use for raking rough cut pasture grass. It does an okay job for its weight. For the few pines I have it is an excellent tool for the money.

/ Anyone tried one of these for pine needles #4  
For those who prefer 100% Made in the USA vs 100% Made in china, check out the EA Pine Straw Rake, which was the template for their poor copy.
Yes, even our tines are USA Made, more durable and much higher quality.
Travis

Over 100 customer reviews are also on the website here: Everything Attachments Pine Needle Rakes

60pnrwilcoxe.jpg

RODWHITEee.jpg

joepnr2.JPG

joepnr.JPG

/ Anyone tried one of these for pine needles #5  
I've got an early EA model. It works pretty good on Pine Needles. White Pine needles are more fragile and smaller that Austrian Pine needles which are longer and stronger.

I also use it for clean up after falling a tree and it works pretty good for that too. Yesterday I was using it for a myriad of White Pine cones. They tend to slip through the tines when blown way out into the grass. But it does collect some and also looses them up for easier hand raking. Pine cones have a lot of sap in them that causes many of them to "stick" to the grass

006.JPG Maybe the new models by EA are quick hitch compatible, although the attachment is not all the heavy to move around for connection
Cheeers,
Mike

/ Anyone tried one of these for pine needles #6  
I purchased one of EA,s 60 inch pine straw rakes models.Works great plus it thatches my lawn in the spring.

/ Anyone tried one of these for pine needles #7  
I windrow them with mower and rake into this scoop that I put on my bucket.

Attachments

• 000_0603.jpg
    000_0603.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 000_0601.jpg
    000_0601.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 181
   / Anyone tried one of these for pine needles #8  
I windrow them with mower and rake into this scoop that I put on my bucket.

That scoop is a NICE setup :thumbsup:

/ Anyone tried one of these for pine needles #9  
I use my JD G100 MM mower. Starting on the outside - round & round - finally ending with a large pile in the center. Load into wheelbarrow then to compost pile.

This fall I didn't even need to collect needles. The strong fall winds came out of the NE and all the needles were dropped off the lawns.

/ Anyone tried one of these for pine needles #10  
I have large white pines on my property. I leaf blow the needles. Cleans better than I can see these things working. It also works on leafs.