Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #1  

RickDpwv

Tractor
Rural King RK24H
Own an RK24 and thinking about getting an RK37H. My local store in WV is supposedly now doing trade-ups. Wondering how well RK is treating folk when doing this. Anyone done this yet?

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #2  
Glad to hear your local store is doing trade ins. Hope it goes well!!!

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #3  
Think hard before doing this. The RK24 probably lacks the dreaded Tier 4 emissions add ons. They will be installed on the larger tractor. That alone caused me to pass up anything larger than 25 hp.

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #4  
Think hard before doing this. The RK24 probably lacks the dreaded Tier 4 emissions add ons. They will be installed on the larger tractor. That alone caused me to pass up anything larger than 25 hp.

What's so horrible about doing a regen every once in a while?

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #5  
What's so horrible about doing a regen every once in a while?

Seemingly very knowledgeable mechanics suggest staying away from any Tier IV equipment if possible.

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #6  
Seemingly very knowledgeable mechanics suggest staying away from any Tier IV equipment if possible.

I would agree. If you can find the needed equipment without Tier IV that would be the route to go.

I'm only familiar with one TierIV piece of equipment. We've had it since August. Many small problems. None having anything to do with Tier IV. It's went thru Regen twice in 230hrs. Only way I knew was by the small light on the dash. Uses 3% DEF to Fuel ratio.

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #7  
RickDpwv, sounds like you've already decided you'd rather have a bigger tractor for your purposes. Nothing wrong with that, and I bet a lot of us have been there at some point. ;) If so, I wouldn't let the "Tier IV fear" scare you off from getting what you need, or even just really want! Your RK24H can do a lot, for sure. But there are some things the heavier, larger frame model could do a lot better and faster.

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #8  
RickDpwv, sounds like you've already decided you'd rather have a bigger tractor for your purposes. Nothing wrong with that, and I bet a lot of us have been there at some point. ;) If so, I wouldn't let the "Tier IV fear" scare you off from getting what you need, or even just really want! Your RK24H can do a lot, for sure. But there are some things the heavier, larger frame model could do a lot better and faster.

Exactly! That is why I traded in my perfectly good Kubota L4200 tractor a year and a half ago for a new Kubota L5060. I was hesitant at first because of the Tier IV emission system, but now have no regrets. :)

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #9  
RickDpwv, as Threepoint said, don't worry about the Tier IV. I have the RK37HC and I was worried that mine hasn't done a regen in 68 hours. I mentioned it to my local service manager and he said that the regen is trigger by the amount of soot build up on the sensor. I don't use mine that much but when it is used it used hard and at a upper rpm thus keeping the soot build up to a minimum. Unlike the piece of equipment that ovrszd has, the RK37 doesn't use DEF.

/ Anyone Traded in Their RK Tractor #10  

Exactly, Threepoint! I have a Kubota L3901 with the Tier IV DPF and it has not given me any trouble in two years and 470 hours of operation. If you need more HP, get a tractor with more HP.