anyone switch to LED lights?

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #11  
I found CREE leds that fit on same brackets as my original halogen. Also pics showing original lights vs led.

Attachments

• front light reduced.jpg
    front light reduced.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 20201206_121615.jpg
    20201206_121615.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
  • orig lights reduced.jpg
    orig lights reduced.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 181
  • led lights reduced.jpg
    led lights reduced.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 195

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #12  
I run my tractor in the dark and in the snow every year. LED's would be nice and If mine ever went out that is what I would buy to replace them. But I would never replace them because of a lack of lighting. The factory ones work fine for me.

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #13  
I no longer "tractor' in the dark. I'm retired. Nothing so important that it can not wait until daylight.

However - if I were to need additional light. Look at the marine LED lights from J A McDermott Corp. They are located in Ridgewood, NY.

They are extensively used on commercial fishing boats in Alaska. I have considerable experience working - at night - with these lights providing illumination. They provide daylight conditions - 150 feet wide and out a quarter of a mile. The biggest ones only require 50 watts. Serious illumination..............

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #14  
I replaced my tail light with LED, it was cheaper than buying replacement cover for Kubota light.

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #15  
I plow snow at night and sometimes do emergency road repairs after dark. The headlights on my Kubota L6060 HSTC are obscured by the FEL implements and I saw no reason to upgrade them to LED.

I did however replace the front & rear OEM halogen cab work lights with quality Tiger LED's. Not cheap but the LED's throw 5X the light. They make a world of difference when doing work at night. They light up the landscape well enough to mow after dark.

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #16  
I switched all my work lights to leds- haven’t bothered with the rest.

Much brighter than the original incandescent lamps but I do notice interference on my cab radio when they are on. Probably need to install a line filter.

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #17  
With motorcycles and scooters there's the incentive to bolster a lower output charging system and gain light when fewer HL's etc. are involved, plus the idiot factor towards those who pull out in front of riders so often.
With my tractor I'm in that retired and no dark work to speak of category, so I'll pass on this idea. Some incandescent's are really bright anyway.
Having replaced more than a couple of those "they last forever" LED's in home and two wheels, I recently read an article in the NYT's saying that LED testing which tell us these fantastic number of years and hours of LED life that explained how those long years are not real life applications. Fact is the testing is the LED emitters alone and not enclosed that yields these fantastical figures. Given the reality of those magic emitters always being enclosed, same as a tungsten filament and so on, it's now understandable to me why I've thrown away those so-called last forever LED's. They have their positives but the testing is un-realistic as was explained.
My SUV has LED HL's and they are really bright but honestly, I liked Zenons a lot too. Both are really pricey in OE version, not so much in Chinese stuff.

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #18  
Ya, agree on the led’s dont last forever. I cant tell you the number of forever lamps I’ve had to replace over the years.
my old Chevy van had led dash board. One by one lights failed. Instead of replacing a 50¢ bulb, I had to remove entire dash board and ship it to a restorer in Detroit.

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #19  
Where is everyone buying these LED's I have a branson 5520 and a mahindra 5010 that are screaming for LEDs
Any suggestions ?

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #20  
I did a search the other day for headlight LED bulbs using the Kubota light bulb part number. Surprised to find a set of them on eBay for under $30. At that price I decided to go for it and they just plugged right in like a replacement bulb and they are MUCH brighter.

I was mainly looking for replacements for the cab-mounted work lights. Based on recommendation from another recent TBN thread, I bought the Tiger Lights. (My original Kubota lights were getting rusty inside on the reflector -- disappointing.) WOW! Direct replacement. Plugged right in. Super bright. I went ahead and replaced the rear work lights too. Not cheap but very bright.