Anyone sold scrap lately ??

/ Anyone sold scrap lately ?? #1  

Renze

Elite Member
Tractor
Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718
.. i got 13 Eurocents per kg last saturday... :) :) It has been 3 cents two months ago, and 35 cents a half a year ago...

The scrap trader said, bring it in quickly, because the prices will drop soon...
I dont think so, as the price of new steel hasnt dropped a penny since the major crash of the scrap market...

I'm holding back my 10 ton of scrap (in various unused pig barns) untill its at least 25 cents...

/ Anyone sold scrap lately ?? #2  
I just called today on it because I was wanting to pick up some scrap for projects. They're buying at $75US/ton (which is just almost $0.04/pound) and selling to suckers like me at $0.33/pound.

I didn't find what I wanted at the scrap yard so I went up the street to the new steel place. I paid $0.86/pound, but the gal was having a hard time giving me an estimate "because steel prices are dropping." She said that the price depends on when they brought that particular piece in.

There's at least one glimmer of hope for those of us with more crazy build ideas still in our heads.

/ Anyone sold scrap lately ?? #3  
I just called today on it because I was wanting to pick up some scrap for projects. They're buying at $75US/ton (which is just almost $0.04/pound) and selling to suckers like me at $0.33/pound.

I didn't find what I wanted at the scrap yard so I went up the street to the new steel place. I paid $0.86/pound, but the gal was having a hard time giving me an estimate "because steel prices are dropping." She said that the price depends on when they brought that particular piece in.

There's at least one glimmer of hope for those of us with more crazy build ideas still in our heads.

Where are they paying $75 ton ?
I went a few months ago and only got $10 ton :( hardly worth the effort!

/ Anyone sold scrap lately ?? #4  
Where are they paying $75 ton ?
I went a few months ago and only got $10 ton :( hardly worth the effort!

Pacific Recycling in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Either they're not getting in much scrap at that price or they're moving it out as fast as they get it in. There was hardly anything there to pick through.

/ Anyone sold scrap lately ?? #5  

That would be me!

I have been holding out for the $0.45/lb I used to pay for surplus (unused,
but odd sizes) at one of the local scrap yards. I am afraid to see what
they are getting for the new 20' sticks at PDM, the new steel guys.