Anyone see these new teardrop's

/ Anyone see these new teardrop's #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
Sorry cut and pasted a bit, but these look awesome! I think my favorite is the roof top tent.

Moby1 Expedition Trailers LLC They look amazing, With 4-5″ of travel on independent trailing A-arm and coil suspension with adjustable shocks Options include; Roof Top Tent with capacity of up to 4 (bringing total capacity of up to seven or more with the tour package, and/or with awning with its 3 removable side walls), a sink with running hot and cold water, hot water heater, fully integrated propane forced air cabin heater, outdoor shower, free standing awning (no legs or guy lines to trip over) with available side wall panels, cabin air conditioning, solar panels, portable toilet, generator

/ Anyone see these new teardrop's #2  
This manufacturer is new to me. Looks good. I was going to build a teardrop but just as I was getting serious about it my brother asked me go buy his 30' sailboat. It made no sense to do both.

/ Anyone see these new teardrop's #3  
Sorry cut and pasted a bit, but these look awesome! I think my favorite is the roof top tent.

Moby1 Expedition Trailers LLC They look amazing, With 4-5″ of travel on independent trailing A-arm and coil suspension with adjustable shocks Options include; Roof Top Tent with capacity of up to 4 (bringing total capacity of up to seven or more with the tour package, and/or with awning with its 3 removable side walls), a sink with running hot and cold water, hot water heater, fully integrated propane forced air cabin heater, outdoor shower, free standing awning (no legs or guy lines to trip over) with available side wall panels, cabin air conditioning, solar panels, portable toilet, generator
$18,500 without accessories shown (don't know what those might be) is a little too step for a portable tent for me anyway. I guess it all depends on need to transport it all into the bush or could you park a regular camper close and travel to your hunting site via ATV. I would be a little more wary of a bear tearing into my portable tent than thru the sides of a regular camper.

/ Anyone see these new teardrop's #4  
. . . I would be a little more wary of a bear tearing into my portable tent than thru the sides of a regular camper.

Definitely a "no-go" with my wife. Years ago, before we bought our first RV, she said no way on a soft side camper. Said a bear would just consider that a "pig-in-a-blanket." :D

/ Anyone see these new teardrop's #5  
What is it with the price on those style trailers? When I was recently looking into a fiberglass teardrop style motorcycle hauler, the prices were crazy on those too. Like $7900 for a single axle model just big enough to haul 2 bikes. That was with no brakes. Brakes were a $400 option. For one axle. I said no thanks to that.

/ Anyone see these new teardrop's #6  
I think they must be like diet food. The fewer calories it has the more it costs as compared to "real" food. However, no way is $18K for a little pill box going to get any of my money. I think I could build my own for around $1-2K and have everything that one has. HF light duty trailer for a platform, 5 gallon hot water heater is about $200, plastic water tank for potable water, portable chemical toilet for the necessities and a 12 volt pump for the water pressure, coleman stove to cook on and you have all that one has except a fold away tent.

/ Anyone see these new teardrop's #7  
What is it with the price on those style trailers? When I was recently looking into a fiberglass teardrop style motorcycle hauler, the prices were crazy on those too. Like $7900 for a single axle model just big enough to haul 2 bikes. That was with no brakes. Brakes were a $400 option. For one axle. I said no thanks to that.
The people who buy these things don't bat an eye to spending $25,000 on a Hemi V8 conversion for their $40,000 Jeep Wrangler that is only used on weekends.

/ Anyone see these new teardrop's #8  
4 to 5 inches of wheel travel? Don't your normal every day trailer have at least that much? My 14K GPI moves at least that much dragging the 3037 into hunting camp to groom the plots. Some parts of the trail the frame is dragging with full droop on the axles....

I mean, as far as a camper goes I guess it is OK, a bit fancy for my brand of camping but I'm really not impressed with the mechanical specs of the trailer at all.