Anyone put window film (tinting) on their tractor cab?

/ Anyone put window film (tinting) on their tractor cab? #11  
See a few up here. HID lighting is extremely bright and might overcome tinting. I don't think LED will. I'm guessing those who tint do very little night work.

I do most of my hay cutting at night . And you must have never used LED lights.

/ Anyone put window film (tinting) on their tractor cab? #12  
you can pick a tint with zero dark tint. Since they come indifferent percentages.
Wife's 4Rnr has dark privacy glass and did not want it any darker, so they went with 10%.
Same out come, reduction of UV rays and radiant heat. tractor cab should work the same. Plus help reduce heat load on A/C unit as condenser gets packed with veggies!

/ Anyone put window film (tinting) on their tractor cab? #13  
I chose to use a see through shade that uses suction cups to attach to the window. Works well for those hot sunny days, then just pop the cups loose at the top and let the shade just hang from the bottom or side cups for those darker days or at night. It comes in a roll that you just cut out to fit the window, place the suction cups anywhere you want them. Make sure to order extra cups.

RV Recreational Vehicle Window Shades Blinds Curtains RVQuickShades.com

Which set did you buy? I would like to see some photos of your setup.

/ Anyone put window film (tinting) on their tractor cab? #14  
I've thought about it. Also thought about painting the top of my cab white rather than Branson Red. No follow through on either yet.

/ Anyone put window film (tinting) on their tractor cab? #15  
I've thought about it. Also thought about painting the top of my cab white rather than Branson Red. No follow through on either yet.

I used this under the awning of our barndominium.
on edit wrong web site. Here is the one I used: https://atticfoil.com/

Also laid some over the decking of the attic space over the living area. Noticed a tad improvement on a/c loading and heater needs in winter.
So using double sided tape this can be applied on the underside of you cab roof and then reinstall the headliner. reduce heat transfer. I noticed a 9 to 11* temp reduction. 20170822_123744.jpg

Attachments

• 20170818_171005.jpg
    20170818_171005.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 153
  • 20170821_095134.jpg
    20170821_095134.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 138
   / Anyone put window film (tinting) on their tractor cab? #16  

How hot is the underside of the canopy? I’ve got a 1/4 maybe 3/8 thick piece of polished aluminum for a canopy. It looks trashy, but it’s tough and the heat transfer to me is almost none. Functional and tough is a win in my book.

/ Anyone put window film (tinting) on their tractor cab? #17  
I have equipment with 5% on the side and back windows and 20% on the front. I love it. Huge difference in temps. Seeing out the 5% is a little tough at night but the 20% is not a problem.

Tinting on equipment is not cheap. I called all over town and even taking it to them the best rates were over double that of a car or truck. Why I don’t know.

/ Anyone put window film (tinting) on their tractor cab? #19  
I do most of my hay cutting at night . And you must have never used LED lights.

Quite familiar with LED. Much better than H4. HID is much better than LED.