Sickle Bar Anyone own one of these? Samuri/Sabre sickle bar cutter?

/ Anyone own one of these? Samuri/Sabre sickle bar cutter? #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
Seeking any feedback on this tool made in Canada. It is a bucket mounted sickle bar cutter for fence lines, pond edge trimming, branch cutting, etc.
It's the Samuri/Sabre at: Cutthat.com | Sabre Samurai
Would appreciate any usage info from those who own one or have owned one.

TIA,

CM

Last edited:
   / Anyone own one of these? Samuri/Sabre sickle bar cutter? #2  
I just went to their site and wow, that looks like something I could sure use around my place for sure . I would go around cutting overhanging branches along the fields with a chain saw and it would take hours . I am not sure how rugged it is as it doesn't weigh very much .

/ Anyone own one of these? Samuri/Sabre sickle bar cutter? #3  
Cool tool - but - after reading the stats, it seems the bite capacity is too low for anything of consequence. I'm sure heavier versions of something like this are available.

I have HUNDREDS of trees that overhang into my pastures. This results in a lot of hay loss, as tractors must swerve around the branches. I recently purchased a Stihl HT131 pole trimmer to tackle the problem. To save my back and arms, I also purchased a unique harness. I can't imagine running a 16lb pole trimmer for more than a few minutes without this thing ...
Easy Lift Harness models and uses

/ Anyone own one of these? Samuri/Sabre sickle bar cutter? #4  
For those larger limbs-Chainsaw on a stick-tractor version:

Bruce

/ Anyone own one of these? Samuri/Sabre sickle bar cutter?
I just went to their site and wow, that looks like something I could sure use around my place for sure . I would go around cutting overhanging branches along the fields with a chain saw and it would take hours . I am not sure how rugged it is as it doesn't weigh very much .

It says it cuts up to 1 1/2". Seems to me if one does what you've been doing to date: cutting the areas with a chainsaw, hard work to say the least, then you could get the overhanging branches down to manageable size by maintaining them with the Sabre cutter on a regular basis? No?

Cool tool - but - after reading the stats, it seems the bite capacity is too low for anything of consequence. I'm sure heavier versions of something like this are available.

I have HUNDREDS of trees that overhang into my pastures. This results in a lot of hay loss, as tractors must swerve around the branches. I recently purchased a Stihl HT131 pole trimmer to tackle the problem. To save my back and arms, I also purchased a unique harness. I can't imagine running a 16lb pole trimmer for more than a few minutes without this thing ...
Easy Lift Harness models and uses

Can't say if heavier versions of the Samuri/Sabre tool are available, but if you read what I posted just above in blue; it seems that after you get things cut back to where you want them, you might be able to keep the overhanging branches in check with the Sabre. Though 1 1/2 isn't huge, it is, IMHO, large enough to keep things from causing the problems you are describing so long as it's done on a regular basis. Wouldn't you agree?

Side bar: could you show your Kioti model in your signature, so we know what you're running, please?

Also would be interested in your feedback on the harness you got- I too have a chainsaw on a pole pruner, and yes it's unwieldy and very tiring to try to use overhead....

Thanks,

CM

/ Anyone own one of these? Samuri/Sabre sickle bar cutter? #6  
...feedback on the harness...

I've not tackled the chore as yet. I did, however, hook up the polesaw to the harness just to see how it worked. The harness will fully support the weight of the saw - thereby transferring the load to your shoulders/torso. When temps fall a bit I'll get started. For now, it seems safe to say, comfortable working time will be greatly extended.

Edit ... It does sort of make you feel like someone out of Ghost Busters - LOL.

/ Anyone own one of these? Samuri/Sabre sickle bar cutter?
Don't cross the streams!:eek:

/ Anyone own one of these? Samuri/Sabre sickle bar cutter? #9  
Key to your decision on buying a Sabre is what it will cut. It will accept 1.5" stuf into the jaws. It will cut stalky plants of that size. It will cut hardwood up to about 1-1/8". Above that it will stall. ... At a zero+ travel speed you could conceivably gnaw thru something bigger.