Anyone own a SA221?

/ Anyone own a SA221? #1  

MurilloGuy

Tractor
None
Looking for anyone who owns one of these. How do you like it? Good and bad?

I heard there is no low range and mowing deck height is not very adjustable?

How does it mow?

Any info would be appreciated!

/ Anyone own a SA221? #2  
Hi MurilloGuy,
I have an sa221, I like it, but there are NO repair manuals for it so you can't do simple things like replacing a hidden fuel filter that's located just below the fuel tank. It cost me $350 to have it replaced. Mine is a hydrostatic & it's tough to get the rear wheels unlocked so you can move the tractor if it fails to start. It mows well & the mowing height can be adjusted well. You can buy parts to do simple maintenance like oil & other filters on the internet cheaper than from the distributor.
Hope this helps.

/ Anyone own a SA221?
Thanks jmattle!

Why did you choose the Yanmar? Did you consider any other makes?

I am also considering a Kubota. The thing I like about the Kubota is lots of support and aftermarket attachments. Yanmar seems more simple and sometimes that is better.

Do you have the turf tires or the R4's? Wondering if the R4's are okay for mowing?

/ Anyone own a SA221? #4  
I chose Yanmar because it was less expensive than a Kubota & the dealership is only 15 minutes away from my home. I also checked out Mahindra a couple of years before & really liked their tractors and these were clearance models so they were thousands less than normal. They also seemed to be more of a farm tractor than either the Yanmar or Kubota, but they didn't have the mower deck & front loader on one unit. The Mahindra was very easy to remove & reinstall the loader &the Yanmar is more of a pain. As for the tires I have the industrial tires (R4) & I wish I had the agricultural tires as I have lots of hills on my property. If your property is flat without too many hills the turf tires or R4s would be Ok for mowing.

/ Anyone own a SA221? #6  
Thanks for the info, I went there & there was none in stock.

/ Anyone own a SA221? #7  
Hi MurilloGuy,
I have an sa221, I like it, but there are NO repair manuals for it so you can't do simple things like replacing a hidden fuel filter that's located just below the fuel tank. It cost me $350 to have it replaced. Mine is a hydrostatic & it's tough to get the rear wheels unlocked so you can move the tractor if it fails to start. It mows well & the mowing height can be adjusted well. You can buy parts to do simple maintenance like oil & other filters on the internet cheaper than from the distributor.
Hope this helps.
Hi, since you have a SA221, could you measure the length of the lower 3pt arm, from the balls? I'm having problems with a Tarter RC205 brush cutter not hooking up well on a Sc2400. And the SA221/223 arms look longer in pics. Just needing a length... trying to not have to reinvent the wheel.... thx

/ Anyone own a SA221? #8  
Thanks for the info, I went there & there was none in stock.
jmattle, if you private message me with your address, I will send you the service manual, 221, 324, 424 and some other info on a flash drive

Last edited:
   / Anyone own a SA221? #9  
Hi MurilloGuy,
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PUSHPULL SA221.pdf
    350.9 KB · Views: 141
   / Anyone own a SA221? #10  
Are you going to mostly just use for mowing? If not I would suggest the upgrade to the 324/424, more loader and 3pt capacity and much easier to remove the mid mount deck. I went with the Yanmar because they have an impeccable reputation, great warranty, and the price for my 324 was about the same as kubota wanted for a bx2680 or deere for a 1025r which aren't close on capacities. Plus I needed the extra height for trail maintenance and a deere 2025 was way too much for even less rear capacity and the b2601 was even more