Backhoe Anyone Own a New 26b Backhoe?

/ Anyone Own a New 26b Backhoe? #11  
Don't under estimate these little tractors I have pulled a 48" across the top red oak stump out ramped the side of the hole and pulled it out of the hole with chains by pulling with truck then pushing rolling it where I wanted it sure you have to dig further out around it put you can pull about any stump with time and patience

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Anyone Own a New 26b Backhoe? #12  
Don't under estimate these little tractors I have pulled a 48" across the top red oak stump out ramped the side of the hole and pulled it out of the hole with chains by pulling with truck then pushing rolling it where I wanted it sure you have to dig further out around it put you can pull about any stump with time and patience

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Well I suppose you can do anything if you work at it long enough. As soon as the tractor gets here, supposed to be tomorrow, I am going to take some measurements from the backhoe and send them to Rich at Brotek to get a ripper tooth made for it. That should help with cutting some of the roots. I should be all set to go when the weather improves.

/ Anyone Own a New 26b Backhoe? #13  
How big was the stump and what kind of tree was it?
I have a 1538TLB on the way and have a whole lotta stumps to deal with. Some I know to be too big and nasty for a small tractor to deal with but there are so many I can surely get after some of them.

The stump was a maple and about 9 inches round, I just did a little digging on both sides and pop! It came out. The tractor is more powerful than I first thought, I did not have to throttle it past 2000RPM to get the job done.

/ Anyone Own a New 26b Backhoe? #14  
The stump was a maple and about 9 inches round, I just did a little digging on both sides and pop! It came out. The tractor is more powerful than I first thought, I did not have to throttle it past 2000RPM to get the job done.

My neighbor showed me, dig a hole in front of the stump, then dig on the left and right sides once stump was loose pull into the hole up side down and bury it. He did a bunch oak tree stumps like that 25 years ago and the holes haven't sunk in yet.

/ Anyone Own a New 26b Backhoe? #15  
My neighbor showed me, dig a hole in front of the stump, then dig on the left and right sides once stump was loose pull into the hole up side down and bury it. He did a bunch oak tree stumps like that 25 years ago and the holes haven't sunk in yet.

That may be an issue with a possible sink hold down the road, I have to do a little digging around some current sink holes in my yard to verify if its stumps or underground water issue.

/ Anyone Own a New 26b Backhoe? #16  
I cleared about an acre and a half of dense woods when i built my house. Hundreds of stumps were buried in 2 huge holes dug by a big ex.

Some of the pine stumps had 2 foot plus logs cut off them.

That was 20 yrs ago and NO ground sinkage.

/ Anyone Own a New 26b Backhoe? #17  
I cleared about an acre and a half of dense woods when i built my house. Hundreds of stumps were buried in 2 huge holes dug by a big ex.

Some of the pine stumps had 2 foot plus logs cut off them.

That was 20 yrs ago and NO ground sinkage.

That may be a solution for me. I was wondering what to do with all the stumps. It would likely take forever to burn the things.

Grinding is the ultimate answer but the equipment to do that just plain costs too much. I still can't figure out why PTO grinders cost so much and no one I ask seems to have a good answer. Why do they cost as much as a good backhoe but there is so much less to them? If I didn't want to stay in retirement it's almost enough to make me want to go into business making them. I know if I were to try and make just one, it would probably cost as much as just buying one.