anyone know of aftermarket axle pin clip for massey 2326 mower deck

/ anyone know of aftermarket axle pin clip for massey 2326 mower deck #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
doing my pre-season service notice I am missing one 4260289M1 (agco part number) clip.
look like this

4260289M1-clip.jpeg

been unable to find xover number to other brands.

/ anyone know of aftermarket axle pin clip for massey 2326 mower deck
Google shows at leas 20 places where pin is available.....

yeah lot of shipping for a 5$ part. lindstroms was 25$ cheapest ship. already gone thru that google search which is why I asked if anyone knew an aftermarket/other brand number.
will call dealer tomorrow and order 2. then 30 mile round trip to grab.
there are technically only 2 MF dealers in Maine.
Bangor Tractor (15 miles one way) and Ripley/Fletcher 90 miles one way.

thing is with dealer, will be 10 days before I get them but no shipping. if I had aftermarket would be 5 days. no biggie I will need it (grass shot up HARD last few days) in 14 days so I got a buffer.

Last edited:
well, after a YADA (old people will get this...Yet Another Doctor Appointment) I called dealer and he said system shows 40 in stock. then he said I do not trust it, how many do you need (4.48 with tax) I said 4. if one fell off the other three ain't long for the world. he said hold on Dave (they know me) and he came back, apologized for the crappy (it was really bad...I mean drive you to psychosis bad instrumentals) hold music, said there were only 3 there you want them? I'm 35 miles away at that point and I said yes I'll be there w/i 25 minutes.
shut the truck off 26 minutes later in the lot.
did ask him if after selling me these 3 if his system showed 37 in stock. he just shook his head and said yes....but I will fix that error in a bit, just need to look at incoming stuff to be sure.
replaced the missing one and will replace 2 of the 3 older ones once it warms up. 10am and still 37deg out.

Last edited:
How about just using plain old cotter pin.....

View attachment 863642
thought about that but...one branch on ground tears pin off. I would not notice. I lift deck and lose a 350$ axle/wheel assy. my plan was, if dealer did not have them (and they did), was to insert a clevis pin into the retaining pin (lot of pins LOL ) and safety wire it. I got at least 150ft of .032 safety wire left over from my airline days.
luckily I did not have too.
and dealer ordering more, good because I just noticed these same clips used on the lift arms of the mid mount mower tractor side.
at 4.48 each I'm gonna keep 10 on hand.

/ anyone know of aftermarket axle pin clip for massey 2326 mower deck #6  
I lost one near the end of the season last year. Lost the pin as well. Luckily I noticed before the wheel fell out. I used a spare shear pin for my snow blower PTO shaft as a temp fix, it's still in there waiting for me to replace when I get my mower ready. Dealer had none. Quoted me the same price as you found online, plus shipping if I wanted them in a hurry. Luckily I could wait. The only problem with using a shear pin is that you need tools to adjust the wheel height.

I lost one near the end of the season last year. Lost the pin as well. Luckily I noticed before the wheel fell out. I used a spare shear pin for my snow blower PTO shaft as a temp fix, it's still in there waiting for me to replace when I get my mower ready. Dealer had none. Quoted me the same price as you found online, plus shipping if I wanted them in a hurry. Luckily I could wait. The only problem with using a shear pin is that you need tools to adjust the wheel height.
thing is...I do full service on each implement before storing. so that pin had to fall out over the course of 5 minutes and a 150' trip up to the shed door. I literally went out with a dewalt 24v light looking for the clip. no luck.whatever got spares now.just pissed me off how it happened.

ANYWAYS... the 2360 MMM is (again) fully serviced and tested and ready for grass as of 4-22-2024.

/ anyone know of aftermarket axle pin clip for massey 2326 mower deck #8  
I have yet to even get mine out from behind my boat... but that'll have to happen soon. I'm still involved in picking up the thousands of tree limbs, branches, twigs, etc off my lawn. We had a very windy winter!

I have yet to even get mine out from behind my boat... but that'll have to happen soon. I'm still involved in picking up the thousands of tree limbs, branches, twigs, etc off my lawn. We had a very windy winter!
yeah I got a ton to pickup also.

/ anyone know of aftermarket axle pin clip for massey 2326 mower deck #10  
I HATE special parts - tools - etc