anyone installed a windshield on the Mechron

/ anyone installed a windshield on the Mechron #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
Im looking at getting a windshield for the Mechron, anyone installed one or made one to fit

/ anyone installed a windshield on the Mechron
the dealer ones are made of 1/4 plexiglass, the mounting is flimsy and I was quoted 1500 dollars plus freight from USA, so went and picked up a sheet of 1/2 lexan, wanted a solid front, the 1/4 was too flexible spanning the 60 inches between the bars, I produce the half clamps of plastic for hydraulic cylinder supports just had to open them from 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 diameter

mounted the blocks on the frame, cut a cardboard template and jigsawed the main section to nest under the roof, the half inch was too heavy to bend and heating was not a option so again cut a template and sawed out the lower part, after fitting I routered all the edges 1/4 radius, mounted and applied a generous bead of silicone to both outside and inside of the joint

total cost just under 300 dollars, time 3 hours and its solid, the weight was around 40 pounds but doubt the machine will notice

DSC_0086.JPGDSC_0083.JPGDSC_0084.JPGDSC_0085.JPGDSC_0082.JPG