anyone installed a attachment control kit in a toolcat 5600

/ anyone installed a attachment control kit in a toolcat 5600 #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
Im looking into purchasing a Attachment Control Kit for a 2003 Toolcat 5600, local dealer is 700 dollars and seems high for whats inside the box, anyone installed a kit in a Toolcat that can advise if its worth the 700

/ anyone installed a attachment control kit in a toolcat 5600 #2  
laurencen,

You are asking about the 7 Pin Controller Cable that runs from under the fender on the passenger side out to the boom, and then connects to the 'attachment' after the valve block on the Boom?

If that is correct and your quote of $700.00 includes all you need (i.e. two 7 pin cables, circuit board on attachment, and harness to valves) you are getting much cheaper than I did. If memory serves me I paid well over $1,000 for all components approximately 5 years ago. Prices have come down somewhat.

Last summer someone stole the 7 Pin off one of the Toolcats and the replacement was noticeably cheaper than previously. I replace a 7 pin cable about 8 years ago and the price was $400.

/ anyone installed a attachment control kit in a toolcat 5600
timm9 from what I see its 3 switches that mount in the center console, a harness that connects switches and plugs into the machine harness, a long cable from this short one that routs down the boom and a connector that is mounted to the quick connects on the boom.

the attachment cable connects to this connector I install on the boom, the kit does not come with any circuit board

want to try a snowblower on it, I have one for my 590 but the skid-steer is just too slow, sounds like 700 is not a bad price

/ anyone installed a attachment control kit in a toolcat 5600 #4  
laurencen,

I had forgotten about the rocker switches in the center console. mine were already present.

You will most definitely need a controller circuit board that mounts to the Blower. Without the circuit board the signals being sent to the attachment will not be 'read or understood'.

If memory serves me, the circuit board was the big dollar item. I already had the rocker switches but did purchase the circuit board, 7 pin cable, and cover for the circuit board on the Blower.

If the price of $700.00 does not include the needed circuit board I would call another dealer.

The rocker switches are not that expensive and the 7 pin is closer to $275.00 so there must be a circuit board also?

the snow blower has the connector cable, the circuit board to the solenoids are also on the blower, the kit for the Toolcat is relay the 3 switches, a couple cable, one connects to existing harness in Toolcat and switches, runs to the firewall, the other cable is a longer one and runs from firewall to the hydraulic couplers on the boom, there is the connector on end of this cable you mount to the coupler block, thats it other than a few cable ties

I was expecting in the 300 but 700 is up there, any dealers in US got one I could purchase, shipping is not cheap but betting its worth it

/ anyone installed a attachment control kit in a toolcat 5600 #6  
laurencen,

I wanted to get a little clarification on what you have and do not have. If I understand correctly, you currently have a 5600 A Series Toolcat but do not have the necessary switches in the center console that would control the rotation and angle of the Blower Chute. You also have (I'm assuming) a Blower Box that already has the controller circuit board (mounted to the Blower) and is currently wired to the solenoids on the Blower Unit next to the circuit board and cover.

If this is correct you should not need to spend upwards of $700.00.

When I stated that my cost was just over $1,000 that was to convert a Blower Unit (Erskine) that was not a Bobcat product and required all of the necessary items; i.e. 7 Pin cable, controller board, controller cover, etc. to function.

If i am understanding you situation correctly, you only need the center console switches and the 7 Pin Cable that runs from the valve body on the Boom to the Blower. Is there currently a 7 pin communication cable that runs from under the passenger side front fender thru the firewall and into the Toolcat? If not you may need that cable as well. I'm having a little trouble understanding that two 7 Pin cables and a couple of Switches are running you $700.00.

I wouold mkae a few more calls to different dealers. Shipping would be cheap...

/ anyone installed a attachment control kit in a toolcat 5600 #7  
I bought the 7-pin setup for my A series Toolcat around 15 years ago. It cost me $400 for the switches, cables and installation.

timm9, you are correct the blower is bobcat and has the board mounted with a 7 pin cable coming from it.

I have to look and see if I have a cable on the passenger side, is it obvious? 700 is a little steep for what appears to be in the box, yes, 3 switches, a short cable appears to plug into the existing harness, longer cable to mount on boom and some zip ties

I will also try to find a copy of the install instructions, they say a hour so mot a big job for sure

the kit part number is 6815260 KIT,

well found the kit for 610 dollars, on its way will update how the install goes,

this vintage Toolcat is 44hp and standard flow, how well does it work with the snow blower? I also have a V-blade that may be better suited on it,

with my 590 it has high flow, blower works awesome but the machine does not have the ground speed to take advantage of the v-blade

thanks for all the replies