Anyone heard of Red Star attachments

/ Anyone heard of Red Star attachments #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Looking at these forks. Great price, but never heard of. Google search produces little.
Thinking these are either very small locally produced or from Ch*na.

1629638680514.jpeg

/ Anyone heard of Red Star attachments #2  
""RED STAR"" brand makes China production a safe bet.

A forty foot shipping container = 40' X 12" = 480" length.

Packed three rows high and padded with inflatable air bags at the factory, to hold cargo immovable during transport, I speculate a 40' container would hold 200 units.

Container weight limit might be reached before the container is full.

Efficient, cheap, trans-Pacific shipping.

Last edited:
   / Anyone heard of Red Star attachments
$625 for those or $900 for Horst HLA (below)

1629640762392.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Anyone heard of Red Star attachments #4  
I like the boxed construction supporting the tine bushing. Tines are serviceable wear items so I'd be all in on the savings. If the tines end up being substandard it's not difficult to find and install high quality replacements. 3 moderate quality tines should easily carry your large squares.

Last edited:
I like the boxed construction supporting the tine bushing. Tines are serviceable wear items so I'd be all in on the savings. If the tines end up being substandard it's not difficult to find and install high quality replacements. 3 moderate quality tines should easily carry your large squares.
The black hay forks in the picture are $900. The red ones are $625.
You like the box tube design on black forks $300 better?
or cheaper red model?

/ Anyone heard of Red Star attachments #6  
I like the boxed design of the red one. Looks like it is well thought out.

/ Anyone heard of Red Star attachments #7  
I was commenting on the construction of the Red Star. Not necessarily better, but not at all weak. HLA stuff is pretty much always great quality. Here I'd pocket the difference.

I’m going to be carrying at least (2) 1500lb bales on them. Would need 3000lb min. weight rating. Could be as much as 4000lbs.
I think the HLAs are 4,000lb. I can’t find one piece of info on the Red Star on the web. I did hear one guy say they were made locally by a small company, but no idea how valid that claim is.

I already have (2) sets of bale forks, but need another as I am adding another loader to my collection

/ Anyone heard of Red Star attachments #9  
I purchased a fork frame from Titan and added a pair of 39" spears with mounts to add to the order. About $400 total for parts.

Never got around to installing spears to frame due to wife finding a new source for quality square bales for her horses. Thought we were going to have to change to large square bales.

I already had forks from a $50 auction find, so i needed a JD quicktach frame anyhow to install forks. IIRC, spears were $120/pair.

/ Anyone heard of Red Star attachments #10  
AgriSupply's cheapest 39" forks are claimed to handle 1870 lbs each. I'd think that 3 of just about anything made would handle 2 of your big squares.

You probably won't find a rating on the frame, but that wouldn't stop me from buying one.