Anyone have the seat break on a Branson tractor how to fix ?

/ Anyone have the seat break on a Branson tractor how to fix ? #1  

bigrich954rr

Bronze Member
Tractor
branson 4720h 6ft brush hog ,post hole digger, ripper, pallet forks,
The tractor is a 4720h with a pretty nice seat while i was changing the oil and when i went to move it the seat was broken. the adjuster front center knob broke off and now the seat is all the way down .

the seat looks new dont want to buy a new seat . im also 260-280 lbs so maybe that help break it .

how do i fix it ?

/ Anyone have the seat break on a Branson tractor how to fix ?
update its just a small roll pin 1/8 that pulled threw the knob that is attached to the springs.

im drilling it out to a 7/64 roll pin and think it will work fine after that but will be a pain to get the springs back on in the seat

/ Anyone have the seat break on a Branson tractor how to fix ? #3  
Might help you you took a picture of what is broken, or explained a bit more. I assume you are talking about the air adjustment knob for the air seat? If it is just a broken knob I am sure you could come up with something to replace it, either from Branson or elsewhere, without replacing the whole seat. Perhaps you are saying the air seat cushioning device stopped working? Your weight shouldn't be a problem for the seat.

Yea the center air spring knob on the seat the pin that holds it bent and pulled threw Once that happens the springs that hold the seat up fell out.
I already fixed the roll pin and knob so I can稚 really take a picture of that now I just have to hook up the Springs now and bolt the seat back in. the seat should be fixed

I will finish tomorrow in the day light and update

/ Anyone have the seat break on a Branson tractor how to fix ? #5  
Happened to me. Originally under warranty, I got a whole spring kit complete with a new knob, springs, and misc parts for the seat only to find that the roll pin pulled through. I forego the roll pin and simply found an extra Allen wrench that I cut a piece from as a replacement. Why replace with the same when it would likely happen again?

Yea I installed a much heavier roll pin almost solid.

When I get home today I will start messing with it again how hard is it to get the springs back on the metal T with the threaded part any tips or tricks ?

/ Anyone have the seat break on a Branson tractor how to fix ? #7  
I can’t recall exactly but you’d need to disassemble it partly to allow the knob to be installed by removing two side stop bolts to allow the tracks to slide past and thus, get the spring assembly with the knob on. You’ll get frustrated trying to line everything up but simply have patience and you’ll get there.

Thank I didn稚 get to it yesterday will be trying tonight a least it was a cheap fix

/ Anyone have the seat break on a Branson tractor how to fix ? #9  
Thank I didn稚 get to it yesterday will be trying tonight a least it was a cheap fix

Can you compress the spring in a vice or press and put some wire ties to hold it. Put it back together and cut the wire ties after installed.

/ Anyone have the seat break on a Branson tractor how to fix ? #10  
Can you compress the spring in a vice or press and put some wire ties to hold it. Put it back together and cut the wire ties after installed.

Based on my experience, you might as well have your phone on speed dial for 911 if you did that. The suggestion I made is pretty much the only, wise suggestion. Easier too.