Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM?

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM? #1  

tmcj

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL
I am debating about getting the mulching kit for the MMM on my Max 26xl. I mow my own yard and a few others also and would like to have a cleaner look when done than the typical blanket of long clippings everywhere. I have used a pull behind lawn sweeper after mowing but that is a PITA and takes extra time. I have seen bagger set ups but don't really want the added bulk and equipment changeout etc as I use my tractor quite a bit for things other than mowing also. I used to use the mulch kit on my standard lawn mower but I now use the Max for 90% of my mowing. Just curious if anyone used the kit for the Max and if it is worth the $$ or has any issues with it.

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM? #2  
I have the mulching kit on the Max 24 and it works great. Just make sure if the grass is moist, you don't go any lower than a 3 inch cut, otherwise it can get clumpy. I always get complimented about the appearance of my lawn. You''ll never have to worry about bagging your clippings.

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM?
That's what I was hoping to hear, lol. The appearance and quality of the job is important, especially since I mow for others who like it to look nice all the time. Thanks for the advice and info.

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM? #4  
This is my experience with the MAX 26XL mulching kit: I bought the mulching kit for my 2016 26 XL towards the end of the 2017 season primarily to mulch leaves, but had thoughts of leaving it installed full time. First thing I noticed when I got the kit was it only came with a steel discharge plug and three mulching blades. If you go to the Mahindra parts website and look up the mulching kit for a MAX 26XL it will show the plug, a mid deck baffled, and three mulching blades. It was a wet season last year so I experienced the clumping issue that NE Snowblower mentioned. I contacted my dealer and pointed out the mid deck baffled discrepancy and was assured that I received the correct and most up to date kit. My thought is the mid deck baffled would help stop all of the grass clipping from being forced to the discharge side (clumping). To help fix the clumping issue I ended up removing the the ~1/4" blade spacer and installing the original blade and then the mulching blade in a X pattern for a total of 6 blades. The 6 blade setup helped to alleviate the clumping issue and just destroys the leaves. Just for the record, I know I was mowing wet grass and was probably taking to much of a cut, but I work full time and only get to mow on the weekends regardless of how much the grass grows during the week. In concussion, I can't really recommend the mulching kit for full time use unless you are cutting ~1/4" of dry grass or you like mowing at 2 mph. If you end up getting the mulching kit please post what components it came with as I still feel I was sold an out dated kit, or maybe an updated cheapened up kit (who knows). I feel bad, this is my first post on here and it is negative towards Mahindra, so just let me say I love my MAX 26XL and the cut I get with the 60" MMM (without the mulch kit).

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM? #5  
An honest review is all anyone expects good, bad or ugly. Good job and welcome to the forum.

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM?
RUX, that was one thing that I was hoping to verify before ordering the kit. That extra baffle that you say you are missing is listed at $260. I was assuming that would be part of the kit also. Doesn't seem right that it wouldn't be. If that is the case and it has to be bought seperately, that is just too much money for what it is worth for mulching. I can deal with the kit price but that would put it over the top. I would be concerned however with adding the extra blades that could cause balance issues and have a negative effect on the deck hardware. It sounds like a wicked set up though, lol.

It may be a more negative review but I appreciate all perspectives from anyone with experience with it, good or bad. Thanks for the input, and if I do decide to go with it I'll let you know on the included hardware.

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM? #7  
max 25 with 60" mid mower deck and the cut is very nice as is.

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM? #8  
I’m thinking of getting the mulching kit and was wondering if there’s anymore input or reviews on the kit. Looking at the parts list the baffle is part of the kit

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM? #9  
Let me tell you... I have an exorbitant amount of leaves to deal with in the fall that I wish I could deal with more effectively! When its wet and/or a lot of leaves, I just cant imagine any mulching blade keeping up any better than what I do with regular blades. I did however get in a pinch once and broke a blade. I found an MTD mulching blade (x3) the same length at my local hardware store that I made work. Even then I kept my discharge chute wide open. I immediately went back to regular blades when I got the new ones. My advice is always point your clippings inward so that you keep hitting them on each pass and hammer down!

/ Anyone have the mulching kit for Max 26xl MMM? #10  
I also have tons of leaves and I currently do what you do. Go around in circles discharging towards the center and keep going over them until they disappear. Decided I’d give the mulcher a shot and installed it a couple days ago. Consists of 2 baffles and 3 toothed mulching blades. Blades are really heavy duty like the regular ones. If it doesn’t rain hoping to try it out tomorrow. Will take some pictures of how it works out. IMG_1312.JPGIMG_1314.JPG