Anyone have gutter guards that they like?

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #11  
I have installed many different kinds over the years. This is the one that has been trouble free.

A-M Gutter guards

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #12  
I used these on a couple houses including my old house which was in the middle of the woods, worked extremely well.
They do have a brush that to clean them if need be, I only had one spot that needed the brush, under a hickory tree and shaded, but was even worse before the gaurds.

There's a couple other brands out there that are similar and I imagine would work well also.

My old house/shop had about 400ft of gutters between them, never had an issue with them clogging or overflowing.

There's some other factors that seem to change how well they work, such as roof pitch, gutter size, roof material and how far it overhangs the gutter.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #13  
Re the Amerimax Gutter Cover recommended by kf4uda. In one place, manufacturer states material is PVC. In other place, says vinyl. To my experience, PVC doesn't stand up well to ultraviolet rays. Vinyl does.
Vinyl is PVC. PVC stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride. Both PVC and vinyl are shorthands for the same thing and used interchangeably. Now there are as many grades of it as stars in the sky, and that is what matters, but no way the average consumer can tell the difference other than feedback from others that have used the particular item for a long time as to how it performs.

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #14  
Vinyl is PVC. PVC stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride. Both PVC and vinyl are shorthands for the same thing and used interchangeably. Now there are as many grades of it as stars in the sky, and that is what matters, but no way the average consumer can tell the difference other than feedback from others that have used the particular item for a long time as to how it performs.
Vinyl and PVC can often be confused with one another, but the truth is that these two materials are not the same. Vinyl is a radical of ethane that refers to many different ethylene-based compounds and PVC is polyvinyl chloride and a polymer of vinyl chloride.Aug 29, 2017

Is Vinyl the Same Thing as PVC?​

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #15  
Gutter guard type covers do not work here. All I have is pine needles. The gutters remain clean w/o the guards. Each rain washes the gutters clean. Pine needles hang up on the tiny slots and create a real mess. Right on top of the guard.

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #16  
I used to do a lot of side work cleaning gutters and I don’t recommend them. Debris will always get past them and still need to be cleaned out. Just leave them open and blow them out after the leaves have fallen.

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #17  
I use the ones Costco sells on the garagemahall and they work well for me.

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #18  
We got bids several years ago from 2 or 3 Gutter Guard people and one outfit that replaced the whole gutters with tops, seemless. Whole replacement had the best bid. Haven't had to clean any gutters since.

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #19  
Gutter guard type covers do not work here. All I have is pine needles. The gutters remain clean w/o the guards. Each rain washes the gutters clean. Pine needles hang up on the tiny slots and create a real mess. Right on top of the guard.
The micromesh will keep out pine needles, I have several around the house and no issue.
Due to all the different types of leaves we have here they will clog up downspouts pretty quick, might not notice on a light rain, but a heavy one will overflow them.

My main motivation for getting the gutter guards was so I didn't have to clear my shop gutters, not fun climbing up 18ft multiple times a year just to blow out 100+ft of gutter, not to mention the couple hundred ft of house/garage.

/ Anyone have gutter guards that they like? #20  
I used to do a lot of side work cleaning gutters and I don’t recommend them. Debris will always get past them and still need to be cleaned out. Just leave them open and blow them out after the leaves have fallen.
If done right, I've never seen anything get past the micromesh style that would warrent cleaning out, they even keep the gravel/media from asphalt shingles out.

My downspouts are connected to underground pipes so I prefer to keep as much debries out of then as possible, I prefer to stay off the roof unless I have to go up there. Before the guards I had to clean them out about 3-4times in the fall and at least once in the spring.