Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list?

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list? #1  

Gary_in_Indiana

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket
I'm considering building a gooseneck trailer and was hoping someone might have some plans and/or a materials list for one that I might use as a basis for what I do if not the exact blueprint. I've gotten spoiled with the electric hydraulic tilt bed on my current trailer so I'd like to incorporate something like that into whatever I do. Obviously, I don't have anything firm for what I'm going to do. I'm not even sure how heavy of a trailer I want to make so any help will be appreciated.

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list? #2  
Go to eBay, look under Business & Industrial, then Agriculture, then check Manuals and Machinery, Equipment.

There you will find numerous listings for plan books usually titled plans for this or that but they are really Arc welding projects II and III. Volume II of this Lincoln set contains a chapter on trailers. A gooseneck is shown but only on one page with a blueprint and materials list. You should be able to pick these books up for about $20.

BTW, these books contain quite a few interesting projects but not in really enough detail. Good reference and inspiration, however.

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list? #3  
Gary, take a stroll up the road to Elkhart IN. You'll see countless trailers you could measure or hook up with a frame manufacturer. There are a couple of companies that specialize in frames for RVs, horse trailers etc. There are also several salvage/supply houses full of all sorts of trailer goodies. Let me know if you want details /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list? #4  
Re: Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material l

Northern Power sells a trailer manual which contains engineered drawings. A buddy, who built a special lowboy to move a house, says it's worth the money.

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list? #5  
I just received some trailer plans I ordered from Master Plans & Design, Inc. I believe they are also the ones that Northern Tool sells. They have 25 or so different plan sets including a dump and a gooseneck.

These plans are blueprint size, multiple pages (mine was 5 large pages), show step by step fabrication details, and include a materials list and welding tips. The company will also sell the axles, wheels and springs.

You can find them at www.trailerplans.com

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list? #6  
Gary,

There is a new trailer on ebay that is gooseneck and tilts. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think it looks very good!!!

If I could unload my gooseneck, I'd be very interested in one.

RedDog <font color="orange"> Kioti DK65 </font>

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list?
I think I saw the one you mean. Looks really nice and, as I've said, I've gotten really spoiled with my tilt bed. The idea of building one with powered up AND down has some appeal, too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list? #8  
Gary,

I've got two 32' I beams you use for the frame if you're interested.

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list?
Wow! Thanks, Doc. Where and what might these be?

/ Anyone have gooseneck trailer plans/material list? #10  
Gary,

They are 14" tall I beams. I had them in one of my barns holding up the floor. I rebuilt the bottom so I don't need them anymore. They are in eastern Iowa. Not sure how far that would be from you.