Anyone have a trailer like this?

/ Anyone have a trailer like this? #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
It is a five by eight steel box for a bed with a fold down tailgate. Don't know the make, looks in real good shape, it is a tandem axle. The axles look to be centered in the middle of the bed. No brakes on trailer, has lights. My question is how will it pull behind a half ton pickup, will it be choppy or sway?

They want $600.00 for it, is this a good price? I'm thinking so. I would use it mainly for firewood, I would like to take it in the woods with the tractor load it and pull it out to my truck and haul it home. They didn't know how old it is, but the tires are truck tires in good shape with a spare.

Sorry I have no pictures of it, I have not seen it in person yet, but it looks heavy duty, I've been looking for a while and can,t find anything close to it for the money. It is factory built.

/ Anyone have a trailer like this? #2  
If it's factory built there is likely a name on it somewhere. It has to have a plate with the rating on it, usually up by the tongue. Can you try it behind your truck before you buy it? That's really cheap if it's a decent trailer.

/ Anyone have a trailer like this? #3  
Take it for a test drive first. You will need to put brakes on it if towing with a 1/2 ton truck and full of fire wood. Make sure the axles are set up for brakes. If so it will cost about $350 to add brakes yourself if the axles are not set up for brakes it will cost you $800 or more. That can be a deal killer.

Chris

/ Anyone have a trailer like this?
I hope to look at it Sunday, I thought it seemed strange it didn't have brakes for as heavy as it looks in the ad picture. Thanks for giving me a rough idea on brake cost. And thanks for the responses.