Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light?

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Preferably LED.

From a distance, I've seen some construction equipment working at night, in the center of a well-lit 50-75 ft circle of light from one source. It would be useful when doing more than forward driving.

About all I've found are labeled as marine navigation lights, so I don't have any idea if they are bright enough.

Thanks,

Bruce

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #2  
Something like the "Atomic Beam Lantern!!!" that they sell on TV (with annoying regularity)? ((act NOW and we'll send you TWO for the price of one... operators are standing by!))

I actually bought one and it is good to use walking out to the shed at night. Too small for tractor work, but the concept is there.

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #3  
I saw something like that at either a farmshow or industrial equipment show. Seems it was Hella brand and while I wasn't paying much attention looked like it was two shorter lightbars back to back. Might have been factory and might have been dealer setup but it's a start. Put out a LOT of light.

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #4  
OK - my knowledge of what you have seen would suggest marine LED work lights. I've dealt with one company on this -

J. A. McDermott Corp
1639 Stephen St
Ridgewood, NY 11385-5395

I purchased a solar charged marine beacon from them in 2014. I can see it, right now, out across my little lake - a true beacon in the night.

Anyhow - they make VERY bright LED work lights. They are the kind used on fishing boats - at night - up in Alaska. That's where I've seen them "at work". Being LED and 12 volt - they do not use an enormous amount of power but will light up a very large area.

McDermott does have a web site.

BTW - I don't think you want a navigation light - they are designed to be seen - not illuminate an area. Believe me - these McDermott marine work lights WILL light up your life and a dam big work area to boot.

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #5  
I have used LED's from Rigid(great but expensive) and Super Brights(LED strips) on my boat.Easy to install and put out lots of light.I replaced the front lights on my tractor with LED's(flood) and the difference is amazing.
If mounting to a ROPS tractor four(two front and two back) around 20 watt LED's will light it up like daylight.

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #6  
Farmers here work all night for planting and harvest and have (expensive) LED lights that look to be on four corners of the tractor and the volume of light is incredible. Yes, the ground is flat here but it looks like daylight around the area they are working. Up close, it is like a summer's day and no shadows.

I can see their equipment from two or three miles away, maybe more.

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #7  
Moon glow, makes some, bit pricey at over 3 grand. A lot of companies around here use them but the only issue is they have to be mounted on a pole a few feet above the equipment.

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #8  
Search for ballon lights , here is a pic of some led ones. IMG_0012.JPG

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #9  
LED Work Lights for Trucks | LED Flood Work Lights

I put two of these on the ROPS facing forward and one on facing rear for backing. I haven't really needed them yet; I put them on expecting to be clearing snow at night where the FEL blocks the stock headlights. They are bright and at this price you could put 2-3 forward and rear and one to each side. And since they draw little Amp you'd be OK.

/ Anyone have a single 360 degree tractor work light? #10