Anyone fix up their Milwaukee drill?

/ Anyone fix up their Milwaukee drill? #1  

tomplum

Elite Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
My M18 2611 hammer drill seems kind of wiggy lately. The trigger feels normal, but many times you squeeze it and it starts up slow. Or then goes normal and then slows down. Next thing you know it runs up normally. Anyone ever deal with that? I've taken A couple Milwaukee things apart. This is a 10- 12 year old brushed one. It doesn't seem like brushes to me.

/ Anyone fix up their Milwaukee drill? #2  
Not sure if it's a potentiometer or circuit board, but I would scope or ohm the leads and monitor the sweep pattern of the trigger. Any flatlining or herky jerky signal, I would replace it.
Patrick

/ Anyone fix up their Milwaukee drill? #3  
This reminds me that I have an old school corded right angle Milwaukee drill that I should repair. I buggered up the gears in it and have not sourced the parts.

/ Anyone fix up their Milwaukee drill? #4  
My old, corded Craftsman drill has been relegated to woodwork and drills. It kept breaking 1/2" bits in steel--If you could hold onto it.

/ Anyone fix up their Milwaukee drill?
I had a Fuel 1/2" impact that just dropped dead one day. I was in and out of that thing, couldn't make heads or tails of why. Then it worked and never quit. On this drill the sell the switch with the board and brushes. It's at least a $70 gamble. Brushes are cheap enough. I'll split it and check the readings when I run the trigger to see. But for now I have some holes to hog.
I looked at replacement $$ and the new version has a stall feature to protect your wrist. Oh joy. The previous one is still available too, but I'd rather not toss a drill that is pretty awesome out.