Anyone familiar with Ryco Hose?

/ Anyone familiar with Ryco Hose? #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Anyone familiar with Ryco Avenger hose and hydraulic products?http://www.ryco.com.au/HoseGrouping.aspx?Id=2

They appear to be out of Austrailia.

Their hose is approx 1/2 the price of Parker, Dayco or Aeroquip. $2.09/ft for the 1/2 and $3.59/ft for the 3/4 vs $7.00+ for the name brands.

Im quite familiar with the big 3 manufacturers and know theyre quality.... But i need a fair bit of hose, particularly 3/4. so there will be considerable savings using the Ryco. But these savings are pointless if the hose is junk.

So any opinions on Ryco?

/ Anyone familiar with Ryco Hose? #2  
as you say, Ryco are an Australian hose and filter maker, they are very widely used around here. They are probably getting cheaper over there because of the value of the $US. They are a reputable brand name.

/ Anyone familiar with Ryco Hose? #3  
Can one tell the build date, so as not to purchase 10 year old hose. They are supposed to put old stock out first, but who knows.

Can you see a year/date code in the hose markings?

/ Anyone familiar with Ryco Hose?
as you say, Ryco are an Australian hose and filter maker, they are very widely used around here. They are probably getting cheaper over there because of the value of the $US. They are a reputable brand name.

Made in Australia? If so its probably OK. I was just worried about it being an import from China, distributed out of Australia. thanks

Can one tell the build date, so as not to purchase 10 year old hose. They are supposed to put old stock out first, but who knows.

Can you see a year/date code in the hose markings?

Havent seen it in person yet. I posted this thread to try and see if it was even worth considering as its a new arrival at Princess Auto and the store is a couple hours away.

Since its a new brand they just took on, ill assume its new stock.

Places of manufacture.

Our manufacturing centres: Melbourne, Australia; Dalian, China and Kuala Ketil, Malaysia;

http://www.ryco.com.au/pdf/Technical/RH-PIB0810HB.pdf

http://www.ryco.com.au/downloads.aspx

Good find JJ. I didnt look that deep into the Download section. Basically i just went to the main web page and looked at the specs.

I did notice in the "Corporate Profile" download that "RYCO HOSE" was based in Melbourne. Maybe the hose is made there but the fittings elsewhere? Ill have to look into this deeper. There is next to noting i can find online elsewhere about Ryco or its quality.

/ Anyone familiar with Ryco Hose? #7  
G'day Jason nothing wrong with the quality of the hose, as with everything nowadays yes it is made o/seas but they at least make sure it is up to their standards, I personnally have no prob with buying stuff from o/s heck I have even been known to buy some stuff made in the US:laughing::laughing:
But seriously i do not think you will have any probs with ryco hose they are too big a company to put rubbish out there they have been in business over here for 70+ years

Jon

Matt, Jon: Thanks for your input. I figured some of our Aussie members must have used this product.

As to it being an import, thats what i was afraid of... I should have known though considering its cheap price.

/ Anyone familiar with Ryco Hose? #9  
Jason just a bit more to add to this, Ryco hose is used exclusively by a national hyd repair co over here so if there were any probs i don't think they would use it, also as far as age of hose goes i would imagine that it would be no more than 3 - 6 months allowing for lead times and delivery. I would say you could use it with every confidence

Jon

/ Anyone familiar with Ryco Hose? #10  
This is real old thread, but I thought I'd comment since I just joined. I am familiar with this brand and it is good quality. The issue is cost, tends to be pricey and similar to parker price. The hose ends is where they get you.