Anyone experience a leak in the Cab?

/ Anyone experience a leak in the Cab? #1  

timm9

Gold Member
Tractor
Toolcat(s) 5600B-Turbo(s)
Finally got snow here in the last few days. Took out my newest Toolcat (less than 20 hours) to do my accounts and discovered the Cab leaking. The water is poolingdripping at the head liner in the rear center near the stereo speakers against the rear window. I have searched everywhere I could think (antenna mount, rear light mounts, rear window seal, etc.) for the source with no luck. The dealer is two hours away so I would like to avoid hauling it in or paying a big transport bill. Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Timm9

/ Anyone experience a leak in the Cab? #2  
timm9,
I'm glad to say I don't have a leaking cab problem. I have no idea what is causing your leak, but here's a few thoughts...
* Since it is not doing it on your older Toolcat but the leak is with your new C-series Toolcat, consider what has changed in the new version. I believe they added more heating & AC vents -- would that impact cab shell in some way? And you're sure it's not around your radio ant. and speaker mounts & connections?
* The two Toolcat cab doors, or the materials sealing them, can become misaligned. Could that be your source of water entry, say near the top of a side window on cab door? One of my doors came just slightly misaligned and needed minor adjustment for solid full closing, but that wasn't enough for a leak for me.
* Good thing it's your new Toolcat still under warranty! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Anyone experience a leak in the Cab?
Brain,

Thank you for the response and suggestions. I know water is "funny" and can travel but the doors are just too low for the source. I suspect it is getting in under the front roof "hood" in by the wiper motors etc. I have closely checked the rear light mounts, and antenna mount and all are very tight with no evidence of a leak.

I'll keep at it and let you know what I find.

Tim

/ Anyone experience a leak in the Cab? #4  
One possibility (though amateurish) might be to pour on some water yourself -- have a buddy get a hose and start letting a little water run through areas you assume might be causing difficulty. Of course, not a fire hose or anything full blast, but just enough to get a little trace of the runoff in the cab.