Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick?

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #41  
My X had a 72-73 Ford Maverick when we got married in 78. I tow-barred it from Texas to Ohio with my new 77 Cutlass Supreme. All of her worldly possession were packed into that car. The car got a lot of looks but was a dog to drive--No power steering and no A/C. :confused:

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #42  
Ford has a bad habit of recycling names it seems.
They aren't the only company. Chevrolet did it with the Nova, and the biggest travesty of all was when Chrysler rebadged the Challenger as a small car, I believe in the mid-80s.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #43  
No Va means No Goes in Spanish.
They had to change the name when they figured out why the car was not selling in Latin America.
Almost bought a 6 cylinder, 4 door maverick in the 80's.

Instead bought the skylark, which at that time was based on the Nova 6. Got a great deal.
The seats disintegrated, the cardboard rear deck fell apart.
The paint even changed color (was red) due to sun damage.

It had drum brakes which did not work if they got wet in a puddle, that was always fun, learned to ride the brakes in heavy rain to keep them from failing.

I hope they fix the paint and decal issues on the new Maverick and these are only a glitch, but.....

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #44  
The Ford Maverick is made at the Hermosillo Assembly plant in Mexico and the Hyundai Santa Cruz is made in Alabama.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #45  
Yeah, kind of what I figured. Brake design for a truck must be a lot more complicated than a car/SUV due to the front/rear weight imbalance (not to mention loaded vs empty differences).

Brake shoe-pad tangent...

I put @385K miles on my 1998 K1500 before selling it as 99% original & stock for $1,900.00.

I forget how many sets of front rotors & pads (& fuel pumps) it went through, but I can count the one set of rear brake shoes I installed after 300K miles or so; only because both rear wheel cylinders started leaking.

I've heard claims that too-few motorists with self adjusting drum brakes (like me) know how to manipulate their vehicle, in order to ratchet-out the shoes to keep them working properly.

As I recall, the K1500-the auto adjustment occurs when brakes are applied when the truck is moving in backwards.

My 2018 F250 has 4 wheel disks; there's no comparrison to the stopping power between the 2 trucks.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #46  
The Ford Maverick is made at the Hermosillo Assembly plant in Mexico and the Hyundai Santa Cruz is made in Alabama.
Yep, true mostly.

"If you ordered a 2.0-liter EcoBoost model your engine comes from the Cleveland, OH plant and the 8-speed automatic comes from Ford’s Livonia transmission plant just outside of Detroit. They then take a train ride south to Hermosillo to be installed in the trucks

Hybrid 2.5-liter engines are built in Mexico at the Chihuahua, Mexico plant some 300 east of Hermosillo and 225 miles south of the US New Mexico border. The HF45e hybrid transmission is built in Sterling Heights, MI at Ford’s Van Dyke Powertrain Center. Both are shipped to Hermosillo for final assembly with the Maverick."

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #47  
   / Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #48  
They aren't the only company. Chevrolet did it with the Nova, and the biggest travesty of all was when Chrysler rebadged the Challenger as a small car, I believe in the mid-80s.
I think it was the Charger...a fastback version of the Omni.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #49  
A video comparing the Maverick and Santa Cruz towing in the mountains:

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #50  
In my mind, the hybrid Maverick with the CV transmission is a very different vehicle than the gas powered Maverick with the 8 spd transmission even though they both look the same.