Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock?

/ Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock? #11  
No problem here yet, but thanks for the heads up! Getting up to 725hrs. Figured things might start acting up slowly.
Hope I didn't just JINX myself! Lol!

/ Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock? #12  
Kubota brake locks don't get used because are such a pain. Our Ford's have the one you pull up and twist. Works a lot better. I really dont know about others.

/ Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock? #13  
My new model Bobcat brake lock works great so far. But, as others have said, i use a second securing method when it matters.......

/ Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock?
So far, so good. I’ve got it to work. I just have to really push down hard on the brakes. It stays locked. From the warnings on the above posts, I’m being much more careful about lowering the bucket and using that for a brake also. For whatever reason, it seems like a lot of my tractor time is getting in and out of that seat. Hooking up chains lately, and hauling out all the downed timber from this summers wind storm. 100 big trees down.

Attachments

• 2C30C364-6114-4598-B5A4-280F441E5450.jpeg
    2C30C364-6114-4598-B5A4-280F441E5450.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 130
   / Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock? #15  
So far, so good. I’ve got it to work. I just have to really push down hard on the brakes. It stays locked. From the warnings on the above posts, I’m being much more careful about lowering the bucket and using that for a brake also. For whatever reason, it seems like a lot of my tractor time is getting in and out of that seat. Hooking up chains lately, and hauling out all the downed timber from this summers wind storm. 100 big trees down.
Over the past 2-3 years I've become a lot more conscious of what I'm doing when using the tractor. I realize my senses have dulled a bit so I double check everything. Beyond the injury or death, it would be so embarrassing to get ran over by my own tractor.....

/ Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock? #16  
Maybe this Kioti thread can help.

/ Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock?
Very helpful! I should have searched the Kioti threads. It’s at least good to know I’m nit the only one that’s had trouble with my PB.
Thanks!

/ Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock? #18  
Maybe this Kioti thread can help.

Awesome find very interesting.

/ Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock? #19  
The first step is to adjust the brake pedal free play 0.8 - 1.2 inch (i.e. 1 in +/- 0.2) - Refer to page 140 of Operation manual.
The parking brake lever is attached to a saw-tooth cam under the floor board. Ensure it is free to move and no teeth damaged.
The OEM came with a lot of side to side slop.
Option: Add a thin washer on the saw-toothed cam pivot bolt to remove excessive side to side slop

Attachments

• brake adjustment.pdf
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 103
   / Anyone else have trouble with the brake lock? #20  
Well I’m guessing I’m the only one that’s having trouble with the brake lock.. LOL.
No. I had the same issue and it started at about 100-125 hrs. Using the Operation and Maintenance manual provided with my CT2025HST tractor, I was able to adjust brake pedal free play (2.8 inches) back to the spec (0.8-1.2 inch) and the problem was solved. The adjustment required two wrenches. One to hold the turnbuckle and one to loosen the two lock nuts. Note: One nut has right-hand threads and the other has left-hand threads. You will need to look carefully at each thread pitch to determine which way to lossen the nuts.

Another symptom I had prior to making the adjustment was the parking brake would slip off while the engine was running (vibration) and using PTO implements (splitter & chipper) on level ground. Well, that met the safety cutoff criteria and the engine stopped.

Even after 60+ hours no futher issues at this time and the brake pedal free play has remained in spec (0.8-1.2 inch)