Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #771  
I clustered my feeders together a few years back (5 feet apart) near the kitchen windows and the consumption kept increasing. Easier for me to keep an eye on the feeders this way. I figure the bully birds can not sit there all day and at some point have to leave the feeders. Works for me, works for them.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #772  
I finally have a few, it can't be more than four. They are terribly shy, only feeding one at a time. But I can hear them chirping.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #773  
I think I have my full compliment of hummers now. Five pair. They must have taken lessons from Tom Cruise/Top Gun. They play "fighter pilot" for a while and then calm down and take a few sips.

The males are quite skittish - females very trusting.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #774  
My crew has arrived with no mention of the delay. Let the jousting begin!

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #775  
I see pics of many hummers at the same feeder. My hummers are very territorial, and will chase all other hummers away from the feeder they have claimed. How is it some feed together in peace, but mine won't?
I dunno, I've never seen hummingbirds share a feeder. This year they seem a bit more aggressive at "guarding" a feeder, or maybe we just have more than usual and they don't take kindly to the strangers.
May vary by species...all we have is ruby throated here.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #776  
Things have warmed up here and I am down from 1-1/2 to 1 quart a day. Buggers were drinking me out of house and home. (y)(y)(y)

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?
Things have warmed up here and I am down from 1-1/2 to 1 quart a day. Buggers were drinking me out of house and home. (y)(y)(y)
That is incredible. Is must be neat watching them.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #778  
I've got 8 sixteen ounce feeders, and am refilling them every 3-4 days. Any more than that would be work!

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #779  
Ruby throated hummers do not live, nest or travel in pairs. The only time you see them together is when the females are with their young and I don't believe that lasts very long. I can't comment on other species. I read that the females stay away from feeders while they are nesting since the males are there and fighting for that food, isn't worth it.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #780  
Ruby throated hummers do not live, nest or travel in pairs. The only time you see them together is when the females are with their young and I don't believe that lasts very long. I can't comment on other species. I read that the females stay away from feeders while they are nesting since the males are there and fighting for that food, isn't worth it.
We have males and females at our feeders at the same time. The males fight with each other. We still don't have as many as we had last year. Haven't seen many barn swallows yet either.