Anyone built one of these?

/ Anyone built one of these? #41  
VaneAnim.gif

Up to about 2 years ago, my best buddy would have religiously agreed with ya... he's had about 6 or 7 Morton buildings built over the years...

While he was having his new home built, he had tentative Morton papers sitting on the seat in his truck... his home builder said..."I can build that, I do lots of them..."

After my buddy got a quote (on a 4 or 5 bay home garage), and saw a couple recent metal jobs this builder just completed, he hired him...

Saving about $26k in the process, he didn't realize that little "weather vane" cost so much money... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Anyone built one of these? #42  
and here all this time i thought the cost was for the eMblem ;)
you are right, they are not cheap - but i still believe they are the best - compare warranties & rust protection.

/ Anyone built one of these? #43  
Well here is an URL for anothe steel building manufacturer.

http://www.steelmasterusa.com/

I saw a display at my local farm store and did a quick search on the net when I got home. Not the prettiest building but I liked the fact that as few as two people could put up a building, it bolts togeter, and it could be temporary or permanent.

I had need of a temporary building but needed something substantial for snow load and wind. Just couldn't see doing a pole barn, with 4x4 or 6x6 because I will be building a house on this site in a two years and I hate to waste materials. This one looked very simple to build and I really liked the fact I can take it down and sell it or put it up somewhere else later.

30 year warranty, galvanized steel...anyway, I just signed a contract for a 16'x30 foot building for $2,500. That is with me framing in the ends. Oh, yeah, that's delivered to my door! I thought it was a pretty decent deal.

/ Anyone built one of these? #44  
Hemenway
Did you ever build your builging?
While reading your post I noticed you mentioned HOT TOP for the interier floor. You might think about it because if there is any type of fire ( god forbid) you can kiss everything goog bye. I thought about using it for a shed floor for cost reasons, and a buddy of mine that does driveways asked if I was crazy. He said it was also illegal in our erea. It never crossed my mind before he mentioned it.