Anybody use Slick 50?

/ Anybody use Slick 50?
Bird, I must have been having one of my senior moments. I looked on the label and it is Delo 400. I could have sworn it was Delo Supreme. If I don't watch myself close I will pick up the wrong thing one of these days. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

TBone

/ Anybody use Slick 50? #12  
TBone, that's what I'm using, too. Now that Chevron and Texaco have merged, do you reckon it's the same thing as Havoline?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Anybody use Slick 50? #13  
<font color=blue>...My current opinion; a waste of money at best;...</font color=blue>

Along a similar line, do you feel the same about Marvel Mystery Oil? I always heard a little in the fuel provided some top end lube. In gas engines at least. Probably irrelevant when it comes to diesels?

/ Anybody use Slick 50? #14  
Bob, I'll have to admit that I don't know whether it provides enough benefit to be worth it to add to the fuel with current vehicles, but at least I don't believe it'll do any harm. I've used it in the past, but it's been awhile. You know, the oil companies used to make something they called "Upper Lube" or "Upper Cylinder Lubricant" (small cans - 4 oz. if I remember right) to add to your gas, or people would even remove the air cleaner and pour it into the top of the carburetor with the engine running. Like the upper lubes, Marvel Mystery Oil is a high detergent, so it should have some injector cleaning as well as lubricating benefits. Purely personal opinion, I think it's probably good to add a little to your gasoline occasionally, and IF I had a gasoline engine that I thought was gummed up a bit from poor maintenance in the past and wanted to flush the engine out, I might use it in the oil (although I would be more likely to use automatic transmission fluid).

I know some people use it in their air tools instead of regular air tool oil and as far as I know, it works fine. However, they also make Marvel Air Tool Oil specifically for the air tools, which is what I use in all my air tools, but again, I really don't know just what's different in the air tool oil and the regular Marvel Mystery Oil.

When I was a teenager working in my dad's service station, we had one regular customer with a 6 year old Ford with tremendously high mileage (I don't remember exactly what it was), and he took immaculate care of that car. And when we changed the oil in it, he wanted Texaco's non-detergent motor oil and a pint of Marvel Mystery Oil in it./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif It obviously worked well back then.