Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications

/ Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
I'm looking for a large monitor for my mini desktop. Would one with a curved screen marketed to gamers make things like copying and pasting with the mouse, replying to TBN, typing emails , and working with spread sheets more difficult or easier? Computer gaming isn't in my plans.

Last edited:
   / Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #2  
I've tried them. I don't like them. But I have no real amount of working time on them. I prefer multiple monitors.

Google 'multiple monitor arm' and there are quite a few solutions for mounting multiple monitors on a single post. They can go side-by-side, stacked, pyramid, quad, etc.

/ Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #3  
I have 3 yrs on two 34" curved screens on my desk. Office work by day and games by night. I enjoy the added real estate and the curve is a bonus not a hindrance. Split screen is still big. I often have 3 or 4 split screen windows working at once. Quality is great.

LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor 34GP83A-B​

/ Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #4  
I've never used a curved monitor, but there is a huge difference in clarity if you can get a monitor with higher pixel density even if it isn't huge in size such the LG Ultrafine 4k 24UD58-B. If you buy on Amazon, no problem to return it if you don't like it. There are larger models for more money.

/ Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #5  
I'm with Moss on preferring multiple monitors, especially if you need to have several things open at the same time. I'm thinking a single really wide monitor (curved or not) would require a fairly high end video card.

/ Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #6  
I've been using 2 monitors for a long time. I've always had a pretty up to date PC. Always get the fastest processor and best video card you can afford so your high end monitors will perform well.

/ Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #7  
I'm looking for a large monitor for my mini desktop. Would one with a curved screen marketed to gamers make things like copying and pasting with the mouse, replying to TBN, typing emails , and working with spread sheets more difficult or easier? Computer gaming isn't in my plans.
Pros/cons to pick a monitor setup ideal for use.

I looked at the curved monitors and the sticker shock was the first con. I did like the fact there wasn't so much swing the head around from one-end-to-another.

I looked at having 2, 24-inch monitors. Sure I have the edge in the middle, but the sweet thing is, I can turn-in or out in a V formation the screens. The price was still way less than a curved monitor for 48-inches. Another pro is, two monitors are lighter to move when cleaning or moving to another room.

Other than PDF editing, spreadsheets, web browsing, I run 3D CAD. It's as demanding on graphics resources and monitors just like gaming. The 2 monitor setup won easily.

/ Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #8  
I used to work full time doing 3D modeling for large construction projects using AutoCad and Revit software. I had at least two 27" monitors in front of me plus a 17" laptop screen. It was always more efficient to have a different window open on each screen so any reference material was already open and availble to use.

I believe the most important part of a larger screen or multple screens is having a good quality graphics card and high resolution monitors that suits your application.

My limited use of curved screens just before retirement was I wished I had curved screens sooner. Some people just don't like the feel of them. So obviously it is in the eye of the beholder, as in being very subjective.
I personally prefered the curved screens.

/ Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #9  
Pros/cons to pick a monitor setup ideal for use.

I looked at the curved monitors and the sticker shock was the first con. I did like the fact there wasn't so much swing the head around from one-end-to-another.

I looked at having 2, 24-inch monitors. Sure I have the edge in the middle, but the sweet thing is, I can turn-in or out in a V formation the screens. The price was still way less than a curved monitor for 48-inches. Another pro is, two monitors are lighter to move when cleaning or moving to another room.

Other than PDF editing, spreadsheets, web browsing, I run 3D CAD. It's as demanding on graphics resources and monitors just like gaming. The 2 monitor setup won easily.
"I looked at the curved monitors and the sticker shock was the first con. I did like the fact there wasn't so much swing the head around from one-end-to-another."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dean

/ Anybody use a curved screen monitor for typing and business applications #10  
I used to work full time doing 3D modeling for large construction projects using AutoCad and Revit software. I had at least two 27" monitors in front of me plus a 17" laptop screen. It was always more efficient to have a different window open on each screen so any reference material was already open and availble to use.

I believe the most important part of a larger screen or multple screens is having a good quality graphics card and high resolution monitors that suits your application.

My limited use of curved screens just before retirement was I wished I had curved screens sooner. Some people just don't like the feel of them. So obviously it is in the eye of the beholder, as in being very subjective.
I personally prefered the curved screens.
For the individual person, sure a curved screen is great, to have someone behind you, looking over your work, it's a pain. They have to glide around behind you. And at a distance away, the curved screens look more like security screens for privacy. I too have used both.

Using two different CAD systems simultaneously of SolidWorks and FreeCAD, the two screens are handy.