Anybody running MyStik JT5 instead of Mobilfliud 242?

/ Anybody running MyStik JT5 instead of Mobilfliud 242? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Anybody running MyStik JT5 instead of Mobilfluid 242?

Time to drop the hydro trans fluid and my $75.00 a pail source is now charging $120 pail.

The lure of switching to a Citgo product is strong.

Anybody using Mystik JT5 or something else with success in their Kioti?

Last edited:
   / Anybody running MyStik JT5 instead of Mobilfliud 242?
JT5 is blessed by Kioti.

419905d1428378357-anybody-running-mystik-jt5-instead-kioti-oil-compatability-png-jpg

Attachments

• Kioti Oil compatability PNG.jpg
    Kioti Oil compatability PNG.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 3,069
   / Anybody running MyStik JT5 instead of Mobilfliud 242? #3  
I had found a ConocoPhillips branded oil that was a direct cross over to the Mobil fluid 424 from the supplier we use at work. If I remember right it was about 62 to 64 bucks for a pail. Just another option. I know it's not "blessed" but it has given very good service in a handful of kubotas and JD tractors both gear and hydro without issue for many years and thousands of hours.

/ Anybody running MyStik JT5 instead of Mobilfliud 242? #4  
I use Rotella HD hydraulic tractor fluid. It is suppose to be the same stuff as Donax TD which was supposed to be renamed Spirax S4 XTM

Haven't seen any Donax TD but am seeing Rotella HD at Tractor Supply as of yesterday, which is funny because two years ago they were putting labels over the Rotella HD that said Spirax S4 XTM, which is what replaced Donax.

Donax is supposed to be a Shell products, but the bucket of Spirax (grey bucket) I found at Walmart last month shows it as a Pennzoil product.

/ Anybody running MyStik JT5 instead of Mobilfliud 242? #5  
I had a cold weather hydro performance problem even after considerable warm up. After some research I chose the Kubota super utd 2 over the synthetic Chevron. Decision was mainly based on cold temp hydro properties. Price was $21.19 for a gallon at my local Kubota dealer. I'm sure the 5gal. Bucket would be a better deal.

image-2508022029.jpg

image-2700050723.jpg

/ Anybody running MyStik JT5 instead of Mobilfliud 242? #7  
Eric, here are the Mobil and Mystic specs. Their -40*C viscosities are very high, Mobil does not even show it. Neither of these are a colder climate rating. I am assuming that since you are in Minnesota that this would be a consideration. I am having to dump the fluid in both of my machines after only 50 hrs. because I am not at all happy with the performance after the dealer did the 50hr. hydro fluid change. In the summer the tractor is sluggish and in the winter, 30 min. warming up at 1500 rpm with pto spinning the snow blower just to get it sluggish.
This fluid will be in your tractor for many hours don't be to frugal.
I don't want to start another hydro oil debate, just giving Eric some info to look at.

image-2411969516.jpg

image-3468372569.jpg

Eric, here are the Mobil and Mystic specs. Their -40*C viscosities are very high, Mobil does not even show it. Neither of these are a colder climate rating. I am assuming that since you are in Minnesota that this would be a consideration. I am having to dump the fluid in both of my machines after only 50 hrs. because I am not at all happy with the performance after the dealer did the 50hr. hydro fluid change. In the summer the tractor is sluggish and in the winter, 30 min. warming up at 1500 rpm with pto spinning the snow blower just to get it sluggish.
This fluid will be in your tractor for many hours don't be to frugal.
I don't want to start another hydro oil debate, just giving Eric some info to look at.

View attachment 419971

View attachment 419972

My system adds ten degrees to the hydro oil in two places, so my trans/hydro oil warms up pretty fast. I ran Mobilfluid 242 without problems down to -5 below F this winter.

Sadly, a tree skewered the midpoint PTO shaft seal and to remove the midpoint PTO and install a plate, I must dump my trans/hydro tank.

Puzzling out a field fix so I could continue working last week led down several false starts until I figured out something that did work well enough.