Oil & Fuel Anybody pull a fuel tank out of a CT230

/ Anybody pull a fuel tank out of a CT230 #1  

MrBobcat230

Tractor
Bobcat CT 230
I have a slight problem. I was fueling up my 230 the other day with one of those wonderful gov't approved fuel cans and slipped off of the edge of the filler neck with that little nub. When I pulled the spout out the cap was gone. It's in the fuel tank. I've tried fishing it out several times with no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm about ready to just pull the tank.:(

/ Anybody pull a fuel tank out of a CT230 #2  
Not sure where the fuel line opens up into the tank, but if you dont think the cap will plug it... I would leave it. It shouldnt hurt anything.

Then, one day you will be driving your tractor and you will have a eureka moment and come up with a way to get it out.

Just my humble opinion.

/ Anybody pull a fuel tank out of a CT230 #3  
If my mind serves me right it's about a 2-3 hour job to pull the tank it not fun.
We had to pull one when a customer decided that their tractor would run better with gas instead of diesel:rolleyes:

/ Anybody pull a fuel tank out of a CT230
Thanks Wallace, maybe I'll try a different approach. I had pumped the tank out as much as possible but couldn't see inside the tank to well. Might try that again but pull out the sending unit and rig up a led light to see the inside better then go fishing again.

/ Anybody pull a fuel tank out of a CT230 #5  
Rigid and I think Milwakee make cameras that work through a cable so you can insert them into dark spaces like walls, tanks or sewer lines to see inside where you wouldn't normally be able to. They really are not that expensive and you could use that couple with a flexible claw tool to find and retrieve the cap. It would be a lot easier then pulling the tank I would think then if you didn't want the camera once you were done you could give it to me:D (actually, you could probably sell it for close to what you paid).

/ Anybody pull a fuel tank out of a CT230 #6  
You could try closing the valve by the filter then stick a shop vac to the inlet to the tank. If it went in, it SHOULD come out.
Tried this little trick when I broke my hydro dipstick (plastic) on my 'bota B7610. The stick broke an inch or so down the tube. A shop vac sucked it out fairly easily.