anybody know anything about the CURT 51701 BetterWeigh ? trailer scale. good?

/ anybody know anything about the CURT 51701 BetterWeigh ? trailer scale. good? #1  

Rebeldad1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti Tractor, John Deere Mower,New Holland Mini Excavator
Seems like it should be good if its Curt. Should I try it?

/ anybody know anything about the CURT 51701 BetterWeigh ? trailer scale. good? #2  
I read up a little on this thing. It seems to get satisfactory reviews, and it's sold by several retailers that I trust to not sell useless or worse products.
That said, +/- 5% accuracy is not good enough for me, and I have serious doubts about even that consistent level of accuracy.
I calculate the weights of loads by knowing the manufacture's weight specs of equipment, trailer weight, etc. I also weigh the tongue with a small hydraulic scale.
With my RV, rather than weighing individual loaded items, I loaded the trailer for use, then took it to the scales.

/ anybody know anything about the CURT 51701 BetterWeigh ? trailer scale. good? #3  
I use a Sherline 2000, and a piece of 2x4 to go up to the hitch. Used to use 2x4's and a bathroom scale, but I got the Sherline years ago for a lot less than the price now (maybe paid $70 to $100).
And I just went through loading my trailer getting it balanced ~ 15% tongue heavy for a trip to Mississippi. Then had to take a lot out to retrieve a lawn mower (packed in the center) because my son fried the ignition on the mower in Virginia. Repacked, reweighed.
Free scales are nice, if you have them around.