Anybody have a Jeep Wrangler?

/ Anybody have a Jeep Wrangler? #11  
Del I don't think that the Jeep guys would take to kindly to us talking about pulling them around the parking lot in a tug of war.
But it sure would be fun to get them going wouldn't it.
I was skidding logs out of the woods rounded a bend in the trail and came face to face with a CJ blasting at me. I braced for the impact and at the last second he turned off the trail and into the trees. He smashed up his grille and front bumper. I hopped off the tractor to see if he was alright and he came out just a cussin. What the heck was I doing here. Well after some heated discussion I found out it was the property's owners son and he had no idea I was working there. No doubt he almost ate my bucket---what a day that was.
That was my closest encounter with a jeep in the woods and plenty close it was!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Anybody have a Jeep Wrangler? #12  
HEY! Someone I "know" won one of those contests, (you). That makes me feel good, I was going along a trail in the Department of Natural Resources ORV park and came to face to face with a ass-blasting 4-wheeler. I was on my dirt-bike. It was my time to go debrush a side of the trail with my face. If the Jeep had hit you at least he might have loosened any compacted dirt stuck in the corners of your bucket!

Let's see, could you be cited...hmmm speeding...what's your top end...probably about 10-12 mph... ah reckless driving! How can you be reckless at 12 mph? I've got it, improper lane travel! You could be cited if you didn't pull to the far right of the "travel lane"!
del

/ Anybody have a Jeep Wrangler? #13  
Del I had the upper hand alot of steel in front of me. But reguardless of getting the tar scared out of me I couldn't move off the trail if I wanted to going as slow as I was with logs behind me. I just slipped her out of gear and braced for the worst. Lucky for me his choice was to go off trail!

What I couldn't understand after it happened was at the trail head my truck and trailer were parked and a pile of logs that I had taken out of the woods that day. I made the trail so it wasn't something that he regularly could have driven on. But if you have a jeep guess you have to play with it.

Well at least you were kind enough to give way!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif But the four wheeler never even stopped did he?

I used to have a cj5 with a 304 man could I throw some mud but very cold in winter. I miss the mud slingin but I don't miss the wash downs afterwards. Had monster mudder tires and a 4" lift kit, lockers a true mud machine. So I could relate to the fun he was having after I knew that I was safe. As we get older we tend to think alittle safer or maybe just think before doing.
Gordon

/ Anybody have a Jeep Wrangler? #14  
Have Kubota, selling Jeep '70 CJ5 :-(

Flat Fenders are still the best. The new TJ is awesome too. Disconnect those silly sway bars and climb a boulder!

Want some fun, come out here and put it on the rocks. Rubicon is TONS of fun! Lockers, gears , and flexy suspension.

Thought about PaulB and his on two wheel adventures... Thought once or twice about taking the Kubota through part of the Rubicon. Lack of articulation might be a bummer...

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Anybody have a Jeep Wrangler? #15  
Paul, We have a Cherokee for our family car with the 6 cylinder. I have never driven a vehicle with such a great motor (lot's of torque). It will pull itself through the mud or snow far better than my 4x4 V8 truck. Also has great snap on the highway. Jeep builds such a great product-rattle free and completely dependable (we've had ours for 4 years with 0 problems or complaints). Don't relly know how the 4 cylinder will work out, but I suspect that as long as you don't plan to tow anything heavy (and who would with such a short wheelbase vehicle) then the 4 banger would work fine. BUT, I would get ahold of one and test drive it first.

/ Anybody have a Jeep Wrangler? #16  
When AMC owned Jeep, they did produce a model with the V8 in it. Never found one that didn't have broken body mount bolts or brackets on the drivers side...the torque roll of the engine played havoc with them. The six provides a great combination for off-road/road use. Enough power for hiway, and lots of torque and bottem end in 'pulling' situations. The four leaves some to be desired in all categories! Best I ever had was an old 42 that I pulled the flat head four on, and installed a flathead dodge six in. Darn thing would climb anything it could find traction for! (only had 4000 miles on the six when I replaced it with a 325 hemi in a 55 dodge 2dr h/t - couldn't see wasting it and the jeep four was on its last legs)