Anybody ever seen a zero turn with 33 grease zerks?

/ Anybody ever seen a zero turn with 33 grease zerks? #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
My 2000 Walker literally has 33 grease zerks and another 30 oil points that I hit every spring. The engineers at Walker love their lubricants. This is not an April fools joke btw. When I first started shopping for a zero turn 3 years ago I inquired about additional maintenance for a zero turn and was told it was about the same as a standard tractor style mower. I'm just guessing that Walker is not normal when it comes to lubrication.

Kevin

/ Anybody ever seen a zero turn with 33 grease zerks? #2  
Wow, that's a lot. My front mount Grasshoppers have 10 grease points. 2 of those get greased every 40 hours, and another one at 80 hours, so not very often. The remaining 7 get greased every 8 hours of use.

/ Anybody ever seen a zero turn with 33 grease zerks? #3  
Wow, that's a lot. My front mount Grasshoppers have 10 grease points. 2 of those get greased every 40 hours, and another one at 80 hours, so not very often. The remaining 7 get greased every 8 hours of use.
My Grasshopper has 9 that I can think of, where is the 10th on yours?
(2 rear wheels, 2 pillow blocks on the shaft, 2 deck casters and 3 blade spindles).

/ Anybody ever seen a zero turn with 33 grease zerks? #4  
My Grasshopper has 9 that I can think of, where is the 10th on yours?
(2 rear wheels, 2 pillow blocks on the shaft, 2 deck casters and 3 blade spindles).
1 on the drive shaft coupler under the foot rest.

/ Anybody ever seen a zero turn with 33 grease zerks? #5  
Oh yeah that one on the drive half shaft.
It broke off before I owned it but the mower gets uncoupled every year and that half shaft greased anyway. The release coupler gave up releasing a long time ago.
I use a blade on mine in the winter.

/ Anybody ever seen a zero turn with 33 grease zerks? #6  
Lets see, my Ferris has 3 on the deck, 2 on the front wheels axle that I grease about 2-3 times per season when I grease the deck and 2 on the front wheel swivels that are greased once per year for 7 total. There are a couple of spots on the controls that call for spray lube which I do once a year.