Anybody ever Hear of Planet Jr Equipment?

/ Anybody ever Hear of Planet Jr Equipment? #1  
Tractor
Mitsubishi MT1801D
Hey, all you knowledgeable & experienced users out there..I have inherited (some years ago) a Mankiller of a machine with an 8hp Briggs single cyl.engine, Steel Lug wheels & detachable implements (I have 3 of them) with steerable handles in a Walk-Behind layout..(or ride the implement) It had "Planet Jr" emblazoned on the side when it was new..This is from Circa: 1919 or thereabouts (maybe from the 20's) The darned thing still runs, (ran when parked outside 15 yrs ago) but since my knees have been bad for so long, I have not had the strength to put many hours on it. I inherited it from the family who bought it new! I will post photos (once I learn how) if there is any interest here..I spend most of my time lurking & working so do not post often, tho I recently bought a new flatbed equipment trailer armed with knowledge I gleaned from this site! Of course, it will haul my Mitsu 1801D bought from Buck over at EFC.(and brushhog, tiller, BH & FEL).Also with info learned here! (Thanks Buck! :)

So..Any feedback on Planet Jr. will be used & treasured! I think I am going to make an entry gate address shrine with the finished (derusted & repainted) product, and hang my address plaque from the handle..or something..Maybe sell it to one of the Antique Iron Guys in a club around here..It's a sweet old rig, but has the turning radius of the USS Enterprise & will roll over if it hits a hole (been there, almost under it!) But it WILL plow a furrow for sure! Mike!

/ Anybody ever Hear of Planet Jr Equipment? #2  
Planet Jr made several different farm implements over the years, but I don't remember which. I don't think the Briggs engine was origional, more likely a Clinton . We're always interested, so tell us more. Later, Nat

/ Anybody ever Hear of Planet Jr Equipment?
Nat; Thanks for the comeback..I'll cut the Blackberries off it one day soon & post some photos..I would have no idea about the original engine..I am only 58 yrs old & it has had this Briggs since I have known this machine (we met in my teens!) It is possible that there was another engine before. I will look for telltale signs. Mike

/ Anybody ever Hear of Planet Jr Equipment? #4  
Mike

I had to smile when I read that you are "only 58 years old." I'll be "only" 58 in about a month. Made me feel better.

I have never seen nor have I used one of the Planet Jr. walk-behind tractors, but I bet I have pushed a Planet Jr. Vegetable Seeder over 10,000 miles. I literally wore out three of them between the ages of about 10 and 17. I grew up on a vegetable and peach farm in GA and pushing that planter, planting collards and turnips, was one of my main jobs. I would guess I planted about 15 acres in 36" rows each year.

At "only 58 years old" I still have one of the things. Now I only plant one or two acres per year, and I usually hire somebody to do that for me.