Any Watch Collectors here?

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #22  
I was getting into watches and subscribed to the largest watch forum for about a year.
It seems to me that with machining tools available at reasonable costs that you can buy precise quality watches at a fraction of the cost of the name brands like Rolex.
I now wear almost exclusively a rechargeable smart watch I bought for $40 4 years ago that keeps track of my steps during the day.

/ Any Watch Collectors here?
I was getting into watches and subscribed to the largest watch forum for about a year.
It seems to me that with machining tools available at reasonable costs that you can buy precise quality watches at a fraction of the cost of the name brands like Rolex.
I now wear almost exclusively a rechargeable smart watch I bought for $40 4 years ago that keeps track of my steps during the day.
I work in a secure facility (Intel) and can't have anything "smart" unfortunately. I have an Apple Watch that I wear when home, to track my heart rate, sleep cycle, etc... but I rotate my watches daily. Very rarely do I wear the same watch two days in a row... I just got back from Doha, Qatar... was there for three weeks. LOTS of very high quality Rolex replicas there, I almost picked one up, but I really want a legit one, for reasons stated earlier.. there are some VERY good smart watches out there now.

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #24  
A couple more of mine, none of these are very valuable. The first pic were my grandfathers. The one on the left is a Westclock? It was his “beater” watch. The one on the right is an Elgin and was his nice one, it unfortunately has a cracked dial. You set this one by unscrewing the crystal and that uncovers a lever you pull out so you can set the time.
IMG_2809.jpeg

The next picture on the left is a Fossil my daughter gave me a couple years ago. You can Bluetooth into it with your phone and control some of the buttons. The one on the right is a Bulova and is called a skeleton watch I believe. It winds with the movement of you wrist.
IMG_2810.jpeg

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #25  
I'm to the age where if the watch shows a day and month it has to readable without reading glasses.

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #26  
Dad is retired USAF and spent time in Europe and Asia where he was able to pick up some quality watches. His daily wear has been a stainless steel Rolex for as long as I have memory. My brother will get that when dad passes. Brother already has the Seiko. I got one that most people don't know. It is a Perregaux (Swiss). Not large faced. It is old, classic and valuable. I would only sell it if it was a life or death emergency.

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #27  
I’m sure I’m not the only one who saw the Antiques Roadshow where the veteran had bought a Rolex back in the early 70’s while in the Air Force. He never wore it and had all the original paper work for it. Seems like it was worth over $500,000 as I recall. I seem to remember the original warranty card was worth quite a bit alone.

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #28  
It is interesting that TSA has an issue with 20K in cash, but not one with a 50K watch. :)

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #30  
I’m sure I’m not the only one who saw the Antiques Roadshow where the veteran had bought a Rolex back in the early 70’s while in the Air Force. He never wore it and had all the original paper work for it. Seems like it was worth over $500,000 as I recall. I seem to remember the original warranty card was worth quite a bit alone
👍