Any Watch Collectors here?

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #11  
Here is my Lumi Nox.
IMG_2808.jpeg

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #13  
I have a Rolex GMT Master I never wear (it's an investment) and a lowly Timex solar powered I wear all the time and it keeps perfect time for cheap. I'd like to come by a Presidential Day-Date but that is wishful thinking on my part (wallet not deep enough)...

/ Any Watch Collectors here?
This is one of my favorite time pieces. This is a Pro Diver from Sottomarino. This is an "Italian" brand, that uses a Seiko Quartz movement, and was only distributed by Precison Time back in the day. I bought it back in 2011, and have beat the snot out of it. Sapphire Chrystal, 55mm case, and it is a beast. Very heavy.

I am a Full Cave Diver (Tech) and have hit this thing on rocks, had it deep, and it never failed me. The bracelet is proprietary, and has recently broken a pin. It's very hard stainless steel, and now I'm trying to find a bracelet / band that will retro-fit so I can start wearing it again.

As you can see, I love big watches. Most of the "luxury" watches, are 39-44mm and just look small on my big bones... :)

Keep them coming!

Me with Lisa.jpeg

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #15  
This is one of my favorite time pieces. This is a Pro Diver from Sottomarino. This is an "Italian" brand, that uses a Seiko Quartz movement, and was only distributed by Precison Time back in the day. I bought it back in 2011, and have beat the snot out of it. Sapphire Chrystal, 55mm case, and it is a beast. Very heavy.

I am a Full Cave Diver (Tech) and have hit this thing on rocks, had it deep, and it never failed me. The bracelet is proprietary, and has recently broken a pin. It's very hard stainless steel, and now I'm trying to find a bracelet / band that will retro-fit so I can start wearing it again.

As you can see, I love big watches. Most of the "luxury" watches, are 39-44mm and just look small on my big bones... :)

Keep them coming!

View attachment 860411
You look smashing in a Kilt....(y)

I have small wrists consequently I require a small watch. If I wear the GMT, it looks ungainly on me... Not that I do because I don't. Strictly an investment for me. Lots of fake Rolex time pieces out there, I'd say 'Solid Swiss' is probably the best copy, but a copy none the less. Solid Swiss has really taken to copy to a high level.

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #16  
Pretty hard to beat a lowly Timex for a bang around watch. When it pukes, you get another one. Like I said the Timex solar I have keeps perfect time, only issue is, it's not a hack watch so setting the date is arduous. Mine is 4 years old and it's getting beat but it takes 'a licking and keeps om ticking' I really prefer pocket watches but they are hard to find today, at least good ones are.

You look smashing in a Kilt....(y)

I have small wrists consequently I require a small watch. If I wear the GMT, it looks ungainly on me... Not that I do because I don't. Strictly an investment for me. Lots of fake Rolex time pieces out there, I'd say 'Solid Swiss' is probably the best copy, but a copy none the less. Solid Swiss has really taken to copy to a high level.
I have one reason for a REAL Rolex and it's my reasoning for even considering the purchase.

I spent the vast majority of my Military Career in the Intelligence Community. I still work in that field, post retirement, as a DoD Contractor. I travel to the MID-East often for work, and I'm constantly considering that the area is unstable. The one brand that is recognized world wide, and easy to turn to cash is the venerable Rolex.

If the case ever happened that I need to leave the area quickly, think AMCIT (American Citizen) Recall... and I needed CASH to procure transportation, the Rolex is an easy way to GET said cash.

Plus, going through TSA with a 10-15k Rolex on your wrist, does not even get a second glance. Granted, I would not wear it daily, and would not wear it working, but it would accompany me during travel, just in case.

Now, said that... there are other brands that work the same... Breitling, Omega, TAG, etc... but, Rolex is King for a reason.

Now, the more I dig into the "collector" hobby, the more I am learning.

Pretty hard to beat a lowly Timex for a bang around watch. When it pukes, you get another one. Like I said the Timex solar I have keeps perfect time, only issue is, it's not a hack watch so setting the date is arduous. Mine is 4 years old and it's getting beat but it takes 'a licking and keeps om ticking' I really prefer pocket watches but they are hard to find today, at least good ones are.
Timex... it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

I have a few Timex watches. My brother used to have a dog named "Timex"... he called him a "Cheap Watch Dog". :)

Timex has upped their game lately. They make some REALLY nice, collectable watches in the $500 and below range. Not your old school WalMart brand anymore.

/ Any Watch Collectors here? #19  
This is the one I wear most of the time. It's gadget-y and all titanium. Somehow it reads touches on the crystal to activate different features, including compass using the watch hands as the pointers and altimeter (not that i need that function...).

I've got a Citizen EcoDrive divers watch that I used to wear a lot. I also used to scuba dive a fair bit. Way back when I used to get off work at 11pm, drive about 10 hours to Ponce De Leon FL, make several dives (mostly night dives in the cave) then drive back home Sunday. I would die if I tried that now.

20240403_101917.jpg

This is the one I wear most of the time. It's gadget-y and all titanium. Somehow it reads touches on the crystal to activate different features, including compass using the watch hands as the pointers and altimeter (not that i need that function...).

I've got a Citizen EcoDrive divers watch that I used to wear a lot. I also used to scuba dive a fair bit. Way back when I used to get off work at 11pm, drive about 10 hours to Ponce De Leon FL, make several dives (mostly night dives in the cave) then drive back home Sunday. I would die if I tried that now.

View attachment 860419
I am VERY familiar with that watch. I used to have that exact model, but it was lost when the airline lost my luggage, and never found it. I had forgotten about that watch until just now!

I started Cave Diving in the early 90's, and still side mount now on occasion. There was a time I was doing the same, diving at night (it's always dark in the cave) and I enjoyed the solace of it. Diving for work was a necessary means, but now if I never wear a dry suit again, it's too soon.