any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #571  
Do you know of any bigger mats? I searched and couldn't find anything. I am currently making a battery box that will measure something like 12" x 20". Ya, after coming all the way in the house from the shed, I can't remember the dimensions.

Do they call that dimensionsia?

I don't remember :D

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #572  
Saw this on Craigslist - not terribly far away. Does anybody know anything about it? Gas or diesel? What parts might work on my 1998 325D or 1996 223D

I don't know the serial number. Any guesses on the year?

Toro groundsmaster with 48in snowblower and cab - $1400

gm72.jpg gm 72.jpg
-----------------------------------------------
It was replaced by the 322 in 1988. Looks like diesel, from the air cleaner.

The first digit of the serial number shows it could have been made from 1984 to 1987, same basic frame as the 322/325/328:

gm 72 yr.PNG

Edit the first Groundsmaster 72 was made in 1973.

Last edited:
   / any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #573  
Did some research, the gas engine used the side mounted air cleaner, the parts list only shows a gas engine.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #575  
Did some research, the gas engine used the side mounted air cleaner, the parts list only shows a gas engine.

Got a hold of the seller 1983 4 cylinder gas, serial 30780-20651. I'm not really interested in a gas unit.

If he has it a while, I might be interested in it for resale. to copy the snowblower shoot turning mechanism.

How hard would it be to find a deck? I could use a front deck mower between 38" and 54" if something in those sizes are available.

Or maybe I could go back to the syckle bar and just have a small one,

A 7' sickle attachment would be a good size for the other mowing I need to do.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #576  
325d is done! Took care of some finishing details today.

217B3434-81CD-439B-881C-25399DAC1184.jpeg

5E10C75B-56AD-408C-A1AD-5342D1488799.jpeg

Checked the charging system to see if it was working. Appears to be working fine. The strange thing is the ammeter not really showing a charge with 15v being produced. It does deflect down when I engage the glow plugs, so the meter is actually operating. This is why I like voltmeters better.

AAE1B44B-FFB7-43E5-BA8C-AA432505861B.jpeg

Adjusted the throttle cable and got the rpm right on the money.

A6F01AC0-679A-41CC-9829-9369CFA577A5.jpeg

948F1B61-CDE6-476D-A09D-076628E6AFB3.jpeg

Gave the leaf blower a workout yesterday. It works well for the most part. When the windrow of leaves gets too big it has a problem blowing it. I generally just blew things off into the woods, or out to an area of lawn with poor soil and mulched them in with my mower. Had a blast using it until....

The yoke that attaches to the input shaft of the blower came loose, allowing the pto shaft to slip off and flail around, scared the heck out of me! I noticed it in time because I felt the vibration and knew something was wrong. I throttled down, disengaged the pto, and killed the engine, but it was too late. Looks like the thru bolt sheared off, or vibrated loose allowing the yoke to come off. Scary stuff, be careful out there.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #577  
Next in the shop is my new to me 322d. Compared to the 325, this one is in much worse shape, should be interesting. I won’t torture you again with all the details. If something new or different is found I will post.

C6E939E0-F17A-4EA3-BCCB-95941826251E.jpeg

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #578  
Does anybody have any ideas on mounting a sickle mower on one of these?

Either like a mini combine or a flop down off to the side.

How big a sickle could a 25 hp run?

Any good heavy duty 38" to 54" sickles mowers I could mount on the front and run off the drive shaft - Like a Gravely or some of the others?

front mount sickle mower - Google Search
In my opinion, you should be fine with a 7 foot sickle bar mower. We ran a 7 foot sickle bar mower on our Kubota B7500 (which has 16 horsepower at the PTO and 19 horsepower at the engine). It had no problems running that and the engine never seemed to be labored when it was working.

Aaron Z

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #579  
Next in the shop is my new to me 322d. Compared to the 325, this one is in much worse shape, should be interesting. I won’t torture you again with all the details. If something new or different is found I will post.
-----------------------------------]

Please keep posting details. We like details.

The pictures might help someone in the future. :thumbsup:

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #580  
Wow...
What a rebuild...
Impressive as an adjective does not do justice to your expertise and attention to detail...
I'm just a hacker mechanic and proud of it...

Question to you experts...
My power steering cylinder needs a rebuild...
I'm trying to remove the cylinder...
No problem in removing the top lock nut...
The bottom nut though just spins the entire bolt assembly...
The only solution that I could conjure up was a nut splitter on the bottom nut...
Any other ideas?