any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #561  
I looked in the parts manual and it appears there is a pipe plug on the bottom somwhere. I think I might have to pull the tire to see it.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #562  
I looked and looked, but didn’t see anywhere to drain the side cavities. Ended up just draining the center section and refilling with fresh 80-90 wt.

0FBB0044-2E4A-48D7-8666-A6225EEAB7DB.jpeg

The old fluid looked pretty good, no water intrusion or anything.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #563  
I haven't drained one, and the service manual pictures are not very good.

View attachment 577967

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 577968

I think mine were on the bottom.

Whenever I have a battery out, I always clean up the battery box, Maybe give it a little rust converter if necessary.

After I've done whatever, I always give it a liberal sprinkling of baking soda.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #564  
Does anybody have any ideas on mounting a sickle mower on one of these?

Either like a mini combine or a flop down off to the side.

How big a sickle could a 25 hp run?

Any good heavy duty 38" to 54" sickles mowers I could mount on the front and run off the drive shaft - Like a Gravely or some of the others?

front mount sickle mower - Google Search

Last edited:
   / any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #565  
Maybe a two wheel tractor type sickle mower might work. The old gravely tractors had something like that.

Got my seat on today. Everything bolted up nicely with the new seat suspension kit.

ED130EF4-FB19-4DE6-BADF-DFAA895B6F9A.jpeg

B2EB5CFC-C09F-4ED9-AA15-35E35B33B2CA.jpeg

Found the seat was a little sloppy because of some wear on the front seat base pivot. I tightened it up with a 3/4” bronze bushing slipped over the rear seat catch. The seat base is very tight now.

61A52AD0-5D09-4E49-8514-FE4DC4E70B8D.jpeg

Got my new battery and battery mat installed. The mat goes under the batter and is impregnated with baking soda as far as I can tell.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #566  
Maybe a two wheel tractor type sickle mower might work. The old gravely tractors had something like that.

Got my seat on today. Everything bolted up nicely with the new seat suspension kit.

View attachment 578208

View attachment 578209

Found the seat was a little sloppy because of some wear on the front seat base pivot. I tightened it up with a 3/4” bronze bushing slipped over the rear seat catch. The seat base is very tight now.

View attachment 578210

Got my new battery and battery mat installed. The mat goes under the batter and is impregnated with baking soda as far as I can tell.

So tell us more about this battery mat. Is that an OEM part or something you picked up?

I've never seen one. How big was yours and how much did it cost?

Found this on Amazon. Looks like a much better deal than the baking soda sprinkling.

I'll have to see if they have a bigger one for the 1963 4010 John Deere
https://www.amazon.com/Acid-Neutralizing-Mat-12-Black/dp/B00APKZU3C

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #567  
Yup, that’s the type of product I use. The name brand one is called battery mat, but there are lots of knock offs now. They work great and prevent corrosion on the spot before it becomes a bigger problem.

Shot some fresh paint on my new to me 23x10.5x12 wheels.

956221A6-72A2-4824-86CD-6BDCA242A2D9.jpeg

Can I install these in the wide stance? Or, will it rub on the mower deck arms?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #568  
Yup, that’s the type of product I use. The name brand one is called battery mat, but there are lots of knock offs now. They work great and prevent corrosion on the spot before it becomes a bigger problem.

Shot some fresh paint on my new to me 23x10.5x12 wheels.

View attachment 578230

Can I install these in the wide stance? Or, will it rub on the mower deck arms?

Do you know of any bigger mats? I searched and couldn't find anything. I am currently making a battery box that will measure something like 12" x 20". Ya, after coming all the way in the house from the shed, I can't remember the dimensions.

Do they call that dimensionsia?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #569  
Saw this on Craigslist - not terribly far away. Does anybody know anything about it? Gas or diesel? What parts might work on my 1998 325D or 1996 223D

I don't know the serial number. Any guesses on the year?

Toro groundsmaster with 48in snowblower and cab - $1400

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

condition: good
make / manufacturer: toro
model name / number: groundmaster 72
Toro groundsmaster 72 with 48 inch snowblower and cab with heat.
Runs good , has been setting for two years so should have normal maintenance

Toro | Parts – Groundsmaster 72

Toro groundsmaster with 48in snowblower and cab - farm & garden - by owner - sale

contact name:
Ben

text:
☎ (815) 762-3542

reply by email:
x68sv-6745331931@sale.craigslist.org

webmail links:

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #570  
Does anybody have any ideas on mounting a sickle mower on one of these?

Either like a mini combine or a flop down off to the side.

How big a sickle could a 25 hp run?

Never have seen one on a TORO, but it could be done.

I think it could handle a 7' sickle bar. In heavy stuff you could only cut as wide as possible without bogging the engine.

Do an image search for front mount sickle mower and see all kinds of ideas. :thumbsup: