any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #731  
After a little bit of research, seems the broken lug nut stud isn稚 too big of a deal. Will just run it as is.

Finished tearing apart the 325 to get at the pto.

5E63DCD7-DCF3-43E1-AA51-C98C5D5E57F7.jpeg

With the seat removed, as well as the fuel tank it gives you some room to work in there.

After inspecting the pto, here is what I found.

958E19CF-F3AC-4593-9DB2-DD5C2641E83D.gif

Rod 9 is loose in the frame. The front mounting boss in the frame is slightly loose, but the rear boss where it sits inside the frame it has worn an egg shape hole, maybe 1/2 - 3/4 out of round. Rod 9 also is missing some washers/spacers on the extreme aft side just before the cotter pin (Item 14 & 18) which allows the entire pto shaft and tube to slide forward and back.

Plan is to perform the pto belt alignment procedure first so I can see if I need to add spacers on the front or aft side of where the pto sits on rod 9. I know that is not the way the procedure is performed, but it will attain the same result without having to mess with the eccentric collars. I will then go through the pto removal procedure so I can address the egged out frame boss. I will weld in a new bushing to support rod 9, as well as replace the bronze bushings 47 while I知 in there. The pto bearings feel fine, but will get inspected while everything is out.

It痴 going to be a serious project, that痴 for sure. I値l take lots of pics so hopefully it can help someone down the road.

3800A5AA-6BE5-4FCA-9794-5D3477EB475A.jpeg

Here is how she sits tonight. Brother is coming by tomorrow to help me get the roll bar off. Too many low branches here.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #732  
New to me 325d in the shop for initial inspection and service. 3500 hours on the clock.

View attachment 606912

Found it has the other style rear end offered with these.

View attachment 606913

Has the fat one way coupling that requires oil. It is a bit loose on the input shaft, so will need to look into that.

bdc-adptr.PNG

Here is how she sits tonight. Brother is coming by tomorrow to help me get the roll bar off. Too many low branches here.

Your 325D has the bi-directional clutch. It will work in reverse also:

bdc.PNG

Does it look like both of the zerks have been being greased? The front one is hard to get to.

zerks.PNG

This is what I use to reach it with the LockNLube coupler:

P7150001.JPG

P7150005.JPG

P7150011.JPG

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #733  
That’s pretty slick. I was thinking of doing something like that also, but was wondering how to go about it. It’s just so hard to reach that fitting. Does it stay on all the time, or just while greasing?

Will look into the bi direction clutch, that would be great if it worked in reverse.

The grease fittings on this pto do appear to have been greased. Overall, it looks like regular servicing took place.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #734  
That’s pretty slick. I was thinking of doing something like that also, but was wondering how to go about it. It’s just so hard to reach that fitting. Does it stay on all the time, or just while greasing?

Just while greasing, it is only an extension.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #735  
Starting the pto removal.

C0FCF1ED-0F13-45C6-8C92-7807E3939CE5.jpeg

Drove the pto roll pin out and if fell out in 3 pieces. Surely a disaster waiting to happen.

70C4F7FB-ED3D-4815-8D52-4C1EB1217995.jpeg

Both pins removed. The pto hangar rod roll pin was also broken, so will need to replace that too. The punch is still in the hangar rod hole in this shot.

0BB35A5E-5128-427A-A46A-617B359155DD.jpeg

Was wondering what was going on with this water pump pulley. Seems awful close to the radiator shroud. After looking some more, it appears the entire radiator and support housing are sitting back about 1/2”. I think I can loosen the bolts and shove it forward again, but not sure if that will work.

61791E48-B135-4039-A3A4-CED01B6D3FA1.jpeg

Better shot of the bidirectional clutch. The manual calls for a Mobil 424 fluid, is there anything else I can use? Saw a guy online used gear oil, good or bad idea?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #736  
Just while greasing, it is only an extension.

Are there any places a flexible line could be permanently attached? I have done that before with a grease gun extension hose on other equipment. Haven't messed with the 325D much. Still haven't got the snowblower figured out and it's long past snow season

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #737  
Starting the pto removal.

View attachment 607550

Drove the pto roll pin out and if fell out in 3 pieces. Surely a disaster waiting to happen.

View attachment 607551

Both pins removed. The pto hangar rod roll pin was also broken, so will need to replace that too. The punch is still in the hangar rod hole in this shot.

View attachment 607552

Was wondering what was going on with this water pump pulley. Seems awful close to the radiator shroud. After looking some more, it appears the entire radiator and support housing are sitting back about 1/2”. I think I can loosen the bolts and shove it forward again, but not sure if that will work.

View attachment 607554

Better shot of the bidirectional clutch. The manual calls for a Mobil 424 fluid, is there anything else I can use? Saw a guy online used gear oil, good or bad idea?

I called Amsoil tech and crossed the number. I had something here to work. Don't remember what it was

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #738  
On the 1999 Toro 325D with cab, I find the battery quite the pain to get to. I was thinking about mounting on the back of the machine. Behind the belt cover. Any thoughts?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #739  
I don’t see why you couldn’t move it there. I would run a few extra ground cables between the frame and engine and stuff. I had a chance to pick up a cab and passed on it because of the pain it would be to access stuff for maintenance.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #740  
I don’t see why you couldn’t move it there. I would run a few extra ground cables between the frame and engine and stuff. I had a chance to pick up a cab and passed on it because of the pain it would be to access stuff for maintenance.

Seems to be quite the pain. I thought about taking the cab off for summer work, but that's a pain also. I am going to have to do something. I have coolant dripping where the hose goes up to the heater core.

The heat sure is nice for snow blowing though