Any response when contacting LS USA?

/ Any response when contacting LS USA? #1  

PeteN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 LS MT357HC
I've made multiple inquiries to LS USA and never have gotten a response. I had the same problem with Branson which resulted in me looking at other brands. I can't believe in this time that companies can be so tone deaf to the end consumer. Anyone ever had any luck contacting LS? They don't seem to have any problem sending out marketing materials to my email.

/ Any response when contacting LS USA? #2  
Most companies will not reply to a individual. They want you going through one of their dealers.

/ Any response when contacting LS USA?
Most companies will not reply to a individual. They want you going through one of their dealers.
That's unfortunate. I'm having problems with a dealer. I assume my only option then is to go to a different dealer? I guess if they don't want to deal with me they should eliminate the "Contact Us" choice on their website.

/ Any response when contacting LS USA? #4  
Are you having warranty issues or having a problem finding our information? If you post the problem someone on the forum may be able to point you to the correct individual.

Are you having warranty issues or having a problem finding our information? If you post the problem someone on the forum may be able to point you to the correct individual.
Dealer issue. I've used this site extensively and have found a great deal of information. I'm trying to verify a claim the dealer made on why they won't honor the quote they gave me a week ago. Just trying to find out if their justification is real or they are trying to make more money in a hot selling market.

/ Any response when contacting LS USA? #6  
I can tell you that having spoken to 2 LS dealers about 3 hours apart from each other, prices have gone up thanks to the shipping container problem among other things. The guy closer to me I spoke with 2-3 weeks ago. He said the stuff he had on the lot was still at the old prices, but it was going up due to that.

I can also tell you that the online pricing for NH and CaseIH both went up in the last few weeks. I have been tracking info all summer, so I noticed when MSRP went up.

For what it is worth, I cannot imagine any manufacturer discussing pricing with an end-user unless it is the type of product with fixed pricing. I don't have a dog in this hunt, I am still looking at about 9 brands or so.

/ Any response when contacting LS USA? #7  
Business guidance, in the 70's, was that every end user (consumer or commercial) that made contact was to get a response. Phone call returned, letter answered. Today, good luck LS USA "contact us" on their website is to give the prospective customer a warm fuzzy feeling that good things will happen with LS.
As regards the quote that the dealer later would not support. The quote was made. You didn't accept. Today's a new day. Forget it.
You can penalize the dealer by buying from a different dealer. But don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

/ Any response when contacting LS USA? #8  
I doubt very seriously a manufacturer would get involved in dealer pricing. They do not care what the dealer's price is. The only thing they will do on pricing is fine the dealer if he advertises below MAP pricing. That is the advertised pricing that is set to protect other dealers. But if the dealer wants to sell below that or even take a loss on the sell it is up to the dealer. They just can't advertise below MAP.

I can tell you that having spoken to 2 LS dealers about 3 hours apart from each other, prices have gone up thanks to the shipping container problem among other things. The guy closer to me I spoke with 2-3 weeks ago. He said the stuff he had on the lot was still at the old prices, but it was going up due to that.

I can also tell you that the online pricing for NH and CaseIH both went up in the last few weeks. I have been tracking info all summer, so I noticed when MSRP went up.

For what it is worth, I cannot imagine any manufacturer discussing pricing with an end-user unless it is the type of product with fixed pricing. I don't have a dog in this hunt, I am still looking at about 9 brands or so.
I think you have verified what the dealer has told me (about container prices) except he also raised the prices on what he had in the lot. From what I was told it didn't matter that I had a tractor on order, but when it is delivered. It was my option to back out of the deal since they felt they wouldn't have any problem selling it. Price went up 10% which seems like a lot to me for nothing gained. I could have afforded it, I just didn't feel like it was a good deal anymore. Still have a different brand that is on the table. Then again, might just wait until next year or not at all. It was a like to have not a need to have purchase. Thanks for the info.

/ Any response when contacting LS USA? #10  
Good luck. I have to build my shed before I can take delivery. If I had the choice I would buy sooner than later. Prices will not drop soon. Serious inflation is already beginning and will be around for 4-6 years, I think.