Any Other Suggestions Before I Get the Saw-Zall?

/ Any Other Suggestions Before I Get the Saw-Zall? #1  

nobbyv

Tractor
Long 360DTC
Got a nice new seat to replace the manky old one on my Long 360DTC. Removed the two front 10mm nuts, but the seat doesn't want to slide to allow me access to the rear nuts. I'm sure the slides are just jammed up with two decades worth of gunk (I haven't moved it in the five years I've had it); any other suggestions before I take the Saw-Zall to it with a carbide blade? I started with a garden hose on concentrated strream then emptied about a half can of PB Blaster in there. Nothing.

IMG_1326[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1327[1].JPG
    IMG_1327[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
   / Any Other Suggestions Before I Get the Saw-Zall? #2  
A few applications of 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF might loosen it right up. Sometimes a few light taps on a breaker bar in each direction will also loosen a stuck fastener.

/ Any Other Suggestions Before I Get the Saw-Zall? #3  
No suggestions, but thanks for reminding everyone to maintain the seat, too. I would venture a guess that far too many people neglect those parts. We don't often even adjust the seat once we find a good spot for our backsides.

/ Any Other Suggestions Before I Get the Saw-Zall? #4  
Mine was locked up on the L3650. I sprayed it heavily with penetrating oil and a few raps with a dead blow hammer loosened it up.